Best Springs For Ride Quality and handling? And Drop of course :)

Starscream88

Mar 8, 2003
Park Ridge NJ
Heres the deal,

The next mod im thinking is going to be dropping the car,

Now Mustangs seem to ride really high from the factory,
And I want to get a set of lowering springs,
I have KYB Shocks (non ajustable) all round,

But my ride quality sux big time, AND one side I noticed it higher than the other by a fraction,
So It looks like my Springs I have now are toast :)

What better reason to replace them ;)
I want a nice drop, Something really noticeable, but I want the best ride quality possible, I can always get stiffer shocks down the line,
Whats the best for what I want?
I dont need a hard as balls stiff suspention, Im not doing drag lanches every weekend,
I just want a really nice riding car that dosent crack my arse bone everytime I drive over a matchstick,
So whats out there?
How much, and where?

Ive heard factory "Bullitt" springs are good? True or BS?
But I want a niiiiiice drop, no 7/8 of a inch crap, and I dont want my suspention geometry to be screwed up and cause uneven wear and other problems,
So,
Nice drop, nice ride, and no problems,

• Sponsors (?)

Bullitt springs and KYB GR2's for me. aprox. 1" drop, awesome ride quality. My mustang rides much better than my 2000 Ranger. Handling is greatly improved. I've also got 17" Tri-bars on Toyo Proxes tires. Lastly, NO c/c plates. My alignment guy told me that I won't have any problem unless I go lower.

Just make sure you do the research, you'll find something you like.

Jim

Bullit springs will not make the gap dissappear. There will be a fairly consistant gap of approx. 1". From what I'm understanding, you want to go 1 1/2" - 2" lower..Bullitt springs are not what you want. Look for Eibach, H & R, Ford Motorsport "B" springs..others could chime in on different brands. And you WILL need c/c plates.

Jim