BEST SWAP OPTIONS! 05 GT 4.6 3v (Threw Rod), I have a 4.6L 2v out of an 04 GT and 4V in A mark. Suggestion?

95TT347Cobra

Jul 8, 2019
duluth mn
Hello, I have 2005 Mustang GT car supercharged with edelbrock or supercharger and methanol injection. I threw a rod in that motor do to detonation, my question to you guys is what would you recommend the route I take to fix my car. I have a running and driving 1997 Lincoln mark with a 4.6l 4 valve, I also have 4.6 liter 2 valve out of 04 Mustang GT. Which motor should I run? I was going to use the block or short block of the 04 with my 05 3 valve heads, supercharger but I was wondering If can put the 4.6 4 valve in my car what I would have to do to use my supercharger as well what are your recommendations for ECU wise to run the 4V I do have a shop I any of your help would be appreciated. I also own a twin turbocharged 95 SVT cobra that has a standalone. kind of a pain in the butt. So what's the easiest way to control your recommended option? TIA

• Sponsors(?)

EmmJay

Jun 16, 2019
USA
If you have the supercharger then I would stay with a 4.6L 3V and make sure you keep it from detonating. With a replacement engine you could go with forged internals and lower the compression to hedge your bets on detonation.

Bullitt95

10 Year Member
Jun 13, 2007
Cyprus
www.angelfire.com
If your 3V heads are still good, you can bolt them onto a 2V block built with forged rods/pistons and an upgraded oil pump. You can reuse your 3V crank if it's undamaged.