Best tire combo

Guero

Oct 11, 2005
Want is the best tire combo i can get for my rims? i want something that hooks on the track and looks badass lol, i got 17x10.5 in back and 9 up front. i was looking around but i realy dont know nothing bout tires.

• Sponsors (?)

95Vert said:
245s are too thin. I hate the look. I would get about 255/40s and 315/40s out back. Brand, will the Nitto's are good for hooking up but they don't last too long. I wouldn't get Nitto's up front tho, not like you have a 4wd.

245/45-4.34" of sidewall, x2 + 17" =25.68" total height
255/40-4.02" of sidewal, x2 + 17" =25.03" total height

So im guessing you were referring to how narrow a 245 is side to side? Because the sidewall is taller:shrug:

Im gonna be looking for new tires too....gonna get the biggest drag radial i can on the back, and not really worry about the front.:D

zkillrr said:
I would get 245/45/17 up front and 315/40/17 nittos drag out back. thats works for me

IMO, the 245 is too narrow up front. That's what I'm runing right now. I have WAY too much rim exposed. I'll be moving on to 255 or 265's.

Oh, and on that 315/40/17 .... do they make 'em in this size? I run 315/35/17 F1's .... but I didn't know you could get a different sidewall in the 315's. In that case .... I wonder if there is a Nitto DR 325/40/17? I will run that next if it exists.

call me weird, but i just dont find wide wheels/tires that attractive:shrug:

biggest i would do on MY car would be a 17x9 with a 275 all the way around. but im gonna leave the stock wheels on this car forever, even in the future when it puts down some ridiculous numbers (i mean years away)

94gts said:
to me, i guess i see it as being out of proportion, which in theory it actually is. I dont think it looks right on our cars anyway. But 315's on the ford GT:drool:

Our rear wheel wells are begging for a huge wheel/tire combo to fill them up. And with our horizontal lights, it looks even better....looks even more "wide".

But hey, this is why the mustang is what it is. Everyone has their opinion, and thats the good thing about having these cars:SNSign:

95Vert said:
Justin, we think alike, that's my opinion on the 245s. I was referring how the wheel shows too much.
make that 3, wigga. i'm running 245's up front on a 17x9 and it's too little tire--next time around i'm def going 255/40. i run a 315/35 outback (17x10.5 dd :hail2: , couldn't find 315/40).

Wider is better! (wasn't that the Pontiac thing several years ago?)

But yeah, I agree w/ Nate. Our cars beg for wide rears. The fronts don't matter to me (you can't even really tell how wide they are unless you're on the ground) ..... just as long as the rim is fully "not curb touchable".

Chrome Cobra Rs 17x9.5 with 245/45 BFG Comp TA in front and 17x11 315/35 Nitto DRs in rear
Nittos hooks dead on on my car , if i launch loer than 5500rpms car bogged down

I can get 5-7K miles on my Nittos with 100+ runs on track and how know how many on street :rolleyes:

I think 275s in front will rub on "A" arm 17x9 (+24mm with 5.95" backspacing)

I used to have 275 up front and they WOULD rub when I was trying to make a sharp turn, so stay away from that. Also, I think that 315 are a lil much on our cars. Keep in mind that I'm basing my opinions on pics I've seen on line, I need to check out Paul's car to have a first hand opinion.

95Vert said:
I used to have 275 up front and they WOULD rub when I was trying to make a sharp turn, so stay away from that. Also, I think that 315 are a lil much on our cars. Keep in mind that I'm basing my opinions on pics I've seen on line, I need to check out Paul's car to have a first hand opinion.
the 315's arn't as meaty as i expected--they don't look as rugged as i thought they would, imo.

The 315 look great, to me I don't like anything
wider than 245 up front b/c it seems like it comes out of the fender when the 245 stop right at the fender, I'm not trying to offend anyone who has them just my opinion

95Vert said:

315s could be too much for stock 5.0 , but they looks good