Best Upper And Lower Intake Manifold For Over 500 Hp

rolandj

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
I currently am running a cobra upper and lower intake and with all my work that is done to the car I believe is too small. I was looking to go with something from trickflow. car has been in garage under cover for so long and I finally have found some time to work more on it and finish it up and go to more shows with my son.

• Sponsors(?)

rolandj

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
I probably should add that the car is supercharged. What is the limit of the cobra intake ? Car runs great is just something I always thought might need attention

clement

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2001
Oak Cliff
cobra is maxed out around 350hp. You can look at a track heat Saleen, or systemax II.
N/A ? we made 490 rwhp SAE on a dynojet from a bone stock 93 cobra engine (except injectors) with an s trim. the lower had never been off the longblock. the TB had never been off the upper.

revhead347

I have face herpes.
15 Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Acworth, GA
It all has to do with how you are making the power. If it's an N/A engine that spins a lot of rpm, a box intake, or a short runner intake will help. For what you have, I would go with what mikestang said.

Kurt

A5literMan

At least it is lumpy...
5 Year Member
Jul 30, 2011
Illinois
I like the idea of the trick flow. Seeing as I have a lot of ther parts is it better that the systemax II
If you're going with a tfs intake use the track heat or the "r" box intake. They both would be fine IMO

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
10 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
gainesville
Trick flow r is a box style intake system II is a short runner intake. Both have different applications.

A5literMan

At least it is lumpy...
5 Year Member
Jul 30, 2011
Illinois
Trick flow r is a box style intake system II is a short runner intake. Both have different applications.
Oh I agree. I prefer the systeMax but with the blower just don't use the street heat and create a choke point. OP the r raises the power band to the upper rpms with a slight sacrifice in the lower range.

Chuckman

GTFO you fat, heavy bastard
10 Year Member
Oct 21, 2005
st. louis, mo
There's actually two different r intakes, the box and the normal plenum style, both use the same base. They do have different apps though

revhead347

I have face herpes.
15 Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Acworth, GA
I run the Systemax 2, so I'm biased. However, it probably is the better intake. It's actually has pretty long runners. It's also very pricey though.

Kurt