best wax for black Stangs???

• Sponsors (?)

I just use Meguiars Cleaner Wax. Alot simpler than the real three-step wait for powdery haze garbage and it works great for me. :shrug:

I need to claybar my car though...i have countless ingrained pieces of dirt and crap in my paint.

Have you tried Meguiars NXT Tech Wax? You can find the Meguiars NXT line at just about any parts store or Walmart/Target. Great thing about Meguiars is that if you don't like the product they have a money back guarantee so you have absolutely nothing to lose. Keep in mind though that even the best wax is no substitute for proper prep work especially on a black car. What kind of shape is the finish in?

Here is a pic of my 'Stang with NXT
2760rearquarternxt.jpg

I tend to gravitate towards products that darken the paint. NXT does just that, it is a polymer with the look of a carnauba. My favorite combo before NXT was Meguiars #7 show car glaze topped with #26 high tech yellow wax. It also gave a darker glow that I really like.

My 'Stang with #7 topped with #26
2760front726.jpg

2760bigfront726.jpg

I have a black 2001 GT and my brother has a red 2001 GT. I've noticed that just about anything will take out scratches, swirls, and imperfections in his car yet will do little or nothing for mine. Black is definately hard to take care of keep looking good. It takes lots of work and I'm hardly kidding.

I've tried about everything known under the sun on my car and NOTHING has yet to take out all the swirls and make the car look magnificent. I've tried Meguiars number 7, 3m rubbing compound, 3m swirl mark remover for dark colored cars, Turtle wax pure black polish, and Mothers sealer glaze. The turtle wax "hid" the swirls momentarely until I looked closer and realized they were still showing. The Mothers did the best and I think the other products may would do well but I need to apply more pressure. I've been using a single speed orbital buffer on my car to make it look good, however, I need to get a faster one. This single speed just isnt doing it. I'm going to go to Sears and pick up a 3800 random orbit one with some foam pads. We'll see how I do then. Anyhow, I'll be sure to let you guys know what works then and what doesnt.

Dark Knight GT said:
I have a black 2001 GT and my brother has a red 2001 GT. I've noticed that just about anything will take out scratches, swirls, and imperfections in his car yet will do little or nothing for mine. Black is definately hard to take care of keep looking good. It takes lots of work and I'm hardly kidding.

I've tried about everything known under the sun on my car and NOTHING has yet to take out all the swirls and make the car look magnificent. I've tried Meguiars number 7, 3m rubbing compound, 3m swirl mark remover for dark colored cars, Turtle wax pure black polish, and Mothers sealer glaze. The turtle wax "hid" the swirls momentarely until I looked closer and realized they were still showing. The Mothers did the best and I think the other products may would do well but I need to apply more pressure. I've been using a single speed orbital buffer on my car to make it look good, however, I need to get a faster one. This single speed just isnt doing it. I'm going to go to Sears and pick up a 3800 random orbit one with some foam pads. We'll see how I do then. Anyhow, I'll be sure to let you guys know what works then and what doesnt.

Could be the products you have used. The term "polish" does not realling indicate the product has abrassives or cleaners in it. For example, Meguiars #7 and Mothers sealer glaze are pure polishes meaning they have absolutely no abrassives or cleaners in them at all. They were not meant to remove anything. Not sure which product you are referring to when you mention "3m rubbing compound". The other products you have used are all very mild cleaners. You may need to move up to something a bit more agressive. For someone with a black car I usually recommend the Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher. You can make mild abrassives more effective by applying them by machine rather than by hand. The Porter Cable is not a buffer, it uses a similar action to the orbital polishers you see at places like Sears. The Porter Cable though is capable of higher speeds and is far more effective yet perfectly safe for your paint even for the novice. You can find more information on it at the link below.

http://www.properautocare.com/porcabpolac.html

I second Bobs recommendation about the porter cable....Its the next best thing to polymers.......And safe for the average Joe Shmoe.....You may need to move up to Megs *#83 DACP, then a glaze or just go to NXt and see if that can foll some stuff in......Good combos at the wknd event werent they Bob ???