best wax?

• Sponsors (?)

I have used the nano wax the last 4 times I have waxed my black cobra. It works awsome and hides swirls. Only downside is it doesnt seem very durable but I guess I put it through the paces because I wash mine almost everyday. Im trying the meguiars tech wax this time to see how it works. Also I noticed you have a black cobra, I just color waxed mine this weekend and the difference is like night and day so In my opinion you should do that first.

Dr. Wu 2000 said:
I use Meguiars 4 step wash and wax. Wash, paint cleaner, polish , wax. Good stuff. :nice: Arm hurts after doing all the steps though....... wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off, etc, etc, etc, ....... :(
Ditto here, although I only use their 3 step (cleaner wax, polish, carnuba wax) along with a Mother's Claybar after I wash the car to take all the crud out of the paint...Makes things baby butt smooth...

missouri_guy197 said:
Ditto here, although I only use their 3 step (cleaner wax, polish, carnuba wax) along with a Mother's Claybar after I wash the car to take all the crud out of the paint...Makes things baby butt smooth...

Same here, 3 step and Mother's Claybar. That thing is like magic!! I also used the same system on my wife's Durango which is black and it came out like glass. It is the best I've seen without going throught the wetsanding and polishing.

Pinacle's soverign wax produces a tight bead and is really easy to work with. It has a deep shine and seems to last longer than most brands that I have used. It sells for around $70.00.

Other than that, my favorite is Zymol vintage. It costs around $1500 but that gives you a lifetime supply. I use this on all the high dollar cars I detail. You apply the wax with your bare hands. It is really thick stuff so the down fall is it is a bit difficult to get off compared to the pinacle type but wow does it do wonders. It creates a real tight small bead and a lasting shine that adds depth to your paint and leaves a smooth finish.

Before the wax is applied it is recomended that a prewax cleaner be applied first. For that I have found that Meguiars swirl remover or Zymols HD cleanser can be used with great results.

Jason

Naja said:
Pinacle's soverign wax produces a tight bead and is really easy to work with. It has a deep shine and seems to last longer than most brands that I have used. It sells for around $70.00.

Other than that, my favorite is Zymol vintage. It costs around $1500 but that gives you a lifetime supply. I use this on all the high dollar cars I detail. You apply the wax with your bare hands. It is really thick stuff so the down fall is it is a bit difficult to get off compared to the pinacle type but wow does it do wonders. It creates a real tight small bead and a lasting shine that adds depth to your paint and leaves a smooth finish.

Before the wax is applied it is recomended that a prewax cleaner be applied first. For that I have found that Meguiars swirl remover or Zymols HD cleanser can be used with great results.

Jason

lol...if i was really rich i might buy the zymol but im not...im 17 and still in high school. but ill keep that wax in mind :nice: thx

SSinfull said:
The only thing that will touch my paint is 3M products. Never seen a self-respecting detail shop use anything else.

They have to factor in cost. 3M is an off the shelf product. There are many others that blow awy 3M. Bodyshops have to make a buck while using half-decent products. If YOU are using products on your car check out

www.autopia.org Search for 3M and you will see the light.