best way to clean headlights?

• Sponsors (?)

Mine were pretty Yellowed and the clear was chipped....I took Pauls lead and went to Autozone for some plastic cleaner he suggested....Same brand as this..Blue Magic...
Reading the back they suggested "for added brilliance" use our metal/chrome polish...So I got that instead of the cleaner...Works to me...4.00 and this is what I got...Much better... :D

I wetsanded with 1500....and layed this polish to em with a buffer....hours work or so....Beats 3 bills for new ones.... :spot:

blue_magic_polish.jpg

RIO5.0 said:
........Beats 3 bills for new ones.... :spot:

3 BILLS??? :eek: :scratch:

You can get Clears :nice: for under $150..
Having said that, the method as described is fine..I used 1000 grit on the rear lights.

JR...I thought you used Mother's BILLET Polish :shrug:

I just used Turtle Wax Polishing compound...Rubbing compound is good too, since it has a bit more Grit..Make sure you keep the sandpaper nice and wet!!

RC

94SC50 said:
Yeah billet/aluminum polish. I was looking at that pic of metal polish and F 'd up what I typed. :nonono:
It's pretty scary that I know what kind of polish you use :rlaugh:

Im going to Towers Tomorrow, weather permitting...You should get you and your car down here so I have another 94/95 next to me. All the good ones left down here have deserted me.

RC

94SC50 said:
I use Mothers metal polish.

ditto, well my dad used my Mothers metal polish b/c his headlights were all yellowed on his 94 Ranger. He asked if there was anyway to get the yellowing off. I dont have that prob w/ mine b/c I just put in new clear dimmond head lights this summer but my old ones were starting to yellow slightly.