Best way to increase my horsepower

crnrip

Nov 26, 2006
West Palm
I have already installed a K&N cold air filter and am lookin at a couple options. First dual exhuast. I dont really care about the sound i just want what ever brand will give me the most horsepower and whether i should get x or h. Im also looking at an SCT superchip for my 2002 mustang but not sure how much horsepower i will gain from it. Or if anyone has anyother ideas on how to get some more horsepower let me know besides getting a GT.

This is the link for the chip im lookin at http://www.americanmuscle.com/sct-4-bank-computer-chip.html

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

best as in the most horsepower i will be able to get out of it. you think ill be able to get 15 hp from the chip?

You'll get very lucky if you get 15WHP from a chip/tuner. If you want real HP, your going to need to spray or supercharge. If you spray the most I would spray is 100. And that's kind of pushing it with the stock internals. With a 100 shot, you would be about as fast as a 4.6L . I'm not sure how much HP the v6 stock internals can take though. If you supercharge you might want to invest in forged internals. Nitrous will cost you about 1 grand to do it safely with a wet kit.

I have several bolt ons and a tune by Sniper....im at 196rwhp and 228 rwtrq I do have plans for a twin turbo but i have several more bolt ons consisting of shorty headers, 65mm throttle body, Underdrive pullies, and maybe a cam with springs that added to what i have and another tune will put me with a 99-04 GT or close to it....I would have longtube headers if i was going all motor but I will use the shortys with the turbos....im not even going to put me in a class with a TT V6 next to a stock 99-04 GT more like the 05+ ..............get a cold air intake not just filter, xpipe ( i prefer), true dual exhaust, short shifter, and a tune Sniper puts out impressive numbers on the Mustang Dyne with their programs....I would look into them plus they are cheaper then a lot of other places around here in FL and still gave me higher numbers then the others would have done for me or at least said they would

a 100 wet shot is able to be done on a stock internal V6 motor...I wouldnt recommend using this daily or on the highway just to race someone faster then you......If your looking to hit the track twice a month maybe 3 times then ok otherwise use a 75 Wet shot with only one nozzle into the intake not 2....dont bother with a Dry system...and a tune would be nice for the car and the nitrous setup....a tune for the nitrous can still be used when driving daily it just helps when in use...Sniper Tuning has a good setup for this along with a new NY-TREX kit....check them out http://www.snipertuning.com/new/