Best way to lower my 00 GT about 2 inches?

• Sponsors (?)

Steeda Sport Springs model number 8200 lowered my notch quite a bit. The kit is for 79-04 Mustang V8 model cars. I took them out of a 2001 GT that looked much lower than stock. The ride quality isn't as good as stock even though Steeda says "No deterioration in ride quality"

H&R springs lower the car a lot too, but I haven' ever used them.

I went with Ford racing springs and got about a 2" drop. Seems like I went with the (M-5300-B) springs and got more drop than I expected but the ride was still good.

what ford racing spring gives a 2" drop? usually, those ford springs leave a lot to be desired, from my experience the car still looks like a 4x4 after the ford springs.

Steeda Sport Springs model number 8200 lowered my notch quite a bit. The kit is for 79-04 Mustang V8 model cars. I took them out of a 2001 GT that looked much lower than stock. The ride quality isn't as good as stock even though Steeda says "No deterioration in ride quality"

H&R springs lower the car a lot too, but I haven' ever used them.

Interesting the 8200 is the top selling spring on stangsuspension.com, but they also highly recommend replacing the stock shocks & struts when buying new springs.. Sounds like this could be a little expensive.

Also from doing more research it looks like im not wanting a 2 - 2.5" drop, more like a 1 - 1.5" drop .. Im not looking to lower it to the point of being afraid of speed bumps.

Personally, I love my Ford Racing "C" springs. I got about a 1.25-1.50" drop in the front and about 1" in the rear. It gave my car a nice subtle rake that I really like. I also didn't want to slam the car too low as it's a driver and I didn't want to have to worry about bumps/etc either. The Ford springs certainly aren't as low as some of the other options but that is why I chose them. If you want a nice smooth ride, similar to stock get the "B" springs and if you want a firmer (and quite a bit harsher) ride get the "C" springs. It's a linear vs progressive thing...

what ford racing spring gives a 2" drop? usually, those ford springs leave a lot to be desired, from my experience the car still looks like a 4x4 after the ford springs.

I went from 28-1/2" ride height at all corners and after the FR springs, and waiting 2 or so weeks for suspension to settle in, I measured 26-1/2" fender height front and 27" rear.

Interesting the 8200 is the top selling spring on stangsuspension.com, but they also highly recommend replacing the stock shocks & struts when buying new springs.. Sounds like this could be a little expensive.

Also from doing more research it looks like im not wanting a 2 - 2.5" drop, more like a 1 - 1.5" drop .. Im not looking to lower it to the point of being afraid of speed bumps.

That makes sense. I have used struts and shocks and the ride is ROUGH to say the least. I have to be on a newly paved road to be comfy. When I go over RxR tracks I have to slow to a stop, then lightly roll over them. I will replace them next year. I needed to save some cash and this is the only thing I budgeted on when I built my car.

If money is an issue there is another route you might consider. Look in the classifieds for people selling their setups from a Bullitt or Mach1. I have seen good deals on the shocks/struts with low miles. They are Tokicos and are very similar to the Tokico Blues. Just a thought...:shrug:

+1 for you!

I bought a set of Mach 1 struts from the dealer for my 96 Cobra. They are black tokicos and the car rides much nicer than my worn out 54K Cobra struts. Then the 03 Cobra/Bullit have the blues.