Best way to sell and ship low mile forged piston 5.0 and Lentech AOD

bcmbcmbcm

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jan 29, 2003
Hey folks,

I bit the bullet and have a T5Z coming and a Coast 306 waiting to drop in.

I have to sell a nearly complete, low mile, (less than 60k) 5.0 engine, had synthetic oil its whole life and never abused. (was my moms car since new).

Should I sell the engine and trans together? If so, how/where? I will have crates and pallets available to assist shipping, and I can rent an F150 for $30/day if someone needs me to take it to a freight forwarder. That said, I would much rather prefer a local pickup. Craigslist? eBay? list it here?

Wife will have a short fuse and I can't keep it in her garage spot more than a week or two (we have two kids, walk is a bitch). I really don't want to move it BACK to my storage unit, what a PITA.

Also, would it be advisable to separate the heads from the shortblock both for ease of moving around, AND so a potential buyer can see inside? Or would a potential buyer not want to have to re-seal the heads?

Also, how can I drop the transmission without *****1ng up the $200 fabricated aluminum pan? I already tossed the stock pan :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Thanks in advance,

Brett

• Sponsors (?)

Hey folks,

I bit the bullet and have a T5Z coming and a Coast 306 waiting to drop in.

I have to sell a nearly complete, low mile, (less than 60k) 5.0 engine, had synthetic oil its whole life and never abused. (was my moms car since new).

Should I sell the engine and trans together? If so, how/where? I will have crates and pallets available to assist shipping, and I can rent an F150 for $30/day if someone needs me to take it to a freight forwarder. That said, I would much rather prefer a local pickup. Craigslist? eBay? list it here?

Wife will have a short fuse and I can't keep it in her garage spot more than a week or two (we have two kids, walk is a bitch). I really don't want to move it BACK to my storage unit, what a PITA.

Also, would it be advisable to separate the heads from the shortblock both for ease of moving around, AND so a potential buyer can see inside? Or would a potential buyer not want to have to re-seal the heads?

Also, how can I drop the transmission without *****1ng up the $200 fabricated aluminum pan? I already tossed the stock pan :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Thanks in advance,

Brett

www.freightquote.com

nothing but good things to say about them. i only paid 185 to ship my long block from tennesse to here.