Better brake kit for a 92 GT?

Pennywise2

Banned
May 16, 2006
Hi guys my friend has a 92 GT that is pretty much stock.
His brakes and wheels are also stock and he just recently
did a brake job front and back.He is complaining about that
his stock brakes suck and really wants better brakes on his
92 GT.Will he have to get 17" wheels or bigger on his 92 GT to upgrade
to 13" brakes? What are some good brake kits to get for his
mustang that are better than stock? Some links would be appreciated.
Thanks, Chris.

• Sponsors (?)

If he wants 13" rotors, he'll need at least 17 inch wheels.

If he's on a budget, he can go with slotted 11" rotors, 73mm calipers (requires a larger master cylinder), braided steel brake hoses and hawk performance brake pads. If he buys everything new it will still cost around $600 (That's what Ebay is for). - and that's keeping the stock drums on the back.

If he wants even cheaper, he can just keep the stock calipers and mc.

I don't know what the hell Ford was thinking when they put 4 lug drum brakes on the foxes. I'd like to punch the guy that made that decision.

Good brakes aren't cheap.

Thanks for the info guys.
My buddy just bought the SSBC brake kit today because
it they will fit his stock 16" wheels.
The SSBC brake kit is a great upgrade for the money since
it is only 600.00
The stock rear drums do suck what was Ford thinking lol? :rlaugh:

Maximum Motorsports has a CHEAP brake upgrade that is proven to shorten your 60mph-0 times by 20%.It includes part # PN BP-1

it includes MM front and rear race pads and stainless steel braided brake lines.This kit improves pedal feel and stopping distance.It doesnt compete with a sn-95 or better upgrade but almost costs nothing to stop like a bran spanking new car!I looked at a few times in motor trend on brakeing and was shocked that after this kit install our old fox stangs can stop the same or shorter than 07 civics ,altimas and even some big body benzes! For olnly $257

Maximum Motorsports has a CHEAP brake upgrade that is proven to shorten your 60mph-0 times by 20%.It includes part # PN BP-1

it includes MM front and rear race pads and stainless steel braided brake lines.This kit improves pedal feel and stopping distance.It doesnt compete with a sn-95 or better upgrade but almost costs nothing to stop like a bran spanking new car!I looked at a few times in motor trend on brakeing and was shocked that after this kit install our old fox stangs can stop the same or shorter than 07 civics ,altimas and even some big body benzes! For olnly $257

Yep...

Just read about it in MM&FF this month. Looks great, I want to stay as stock looking as possible. I suppose stopping as well as an Altima or Civic ain't too bad from 60MPH. Now from 160 I hope it does the job as well... WILL LEAVE SPACE!!! :D :eek:

OUT