Beware Of Ebay Seller "auction2200", Aka Champion Auto Group Out Of Dallas, Tx

95BlueStallion

My assy trans to myself
15 Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I normally takes the lumps as they happen, but this one was enough to make me feel the need to warn everyone. I bought a spare Shelby wheel from this seller, and upon receiving it I open the box to see that it has a different style rivet from the wheels I currently own. I contacted the seller and was told they accept returns. I seal up the box and send it back not expecting any problems. A few days later I get two emails from the seller back to back. The first says my return is refused, and the second has a tracking number as he tossed it back into the mail to me. After a few back and forth emails, he said he refused my return because I obviously mounted and used the wheel. When I get the wheel back, sure as :poo: there are a few scuffs from where someone had mounted a tire on it. The s hitty part is that I never took the wheel out of the box, just saw the wrong rivets and closed it up and returned it. I am now screwed out of over $400 (price of the wheel + original shipping, then return shipping). He either sent me a used wheel to begin with and I missed it, or sent a used wheel the second go round. Being that I didnt suspect any issues, I didnt take any pictures or anything, so Ebay wouldnt do anything for me either. I would have accepted even a partial refund, but the seller did absolutely nothing to fix the situation. I gave him a couple opportunities to fix his wrong before I put his company on blast all over the internet, but he offers no customer service and told me to go ahead and say what I wanted, because he has a "WORLDWIDE" reputation already. Sorry for the long read, but I always like to warn people of the scum bags that make Ebay a risk for everyone. I have an email string I am willing to share if anyone has interest, so PM if you want more. Just created this to warn those of you that use Ebay.

• Sponsors (?)

eBay has Buyer's Protection. I bought a used phone as back up last year and the ad said it was in great condition. When I got the phone is was such a pile of crap, totally not the same phone in the pics. I filed a claim with Buyer's Protection when the guy refused to refund my money. He got to reply to the claim. We went back and forth a little bit then eBay said they would make a decision in a few days. Sure enough a few days later eBay made him pay me back in full and I returned the phone back to him. Now if I'm looking to buying anything on eBay I make sure it's got that "eBay Buyer Protection" sticker on the ad.

I went through Ebay Buyer Protection and they sided with him because I didnt have any pictures or evidence. It was just my word against his. Pissed me off, but if nothing else I learned a lesson to always take pictures of anything I ever plan to return.

I normally take the lumps as they happen, but this one was enough to make me feel the need to warn everyone. I bought a spare Shelby wheel from this seller, and upon receiving it I open the box to see that it has a different style of perimeter rivets from the wheels that I currently own. I contacted the seller and was told he understood and accepts returns. I seal up the box and send it back not expecting any problems. A few days later I get two emails from the seller back to back. The first says my return is refused, and the second has a tracking number as he tossed it back into the mail to me without trying to work anything out. After a few back and forth emails, he said he refused my return because I obviously mounted and used the wheel. When I get the wheel back, sure as **** there are a few scuffs from where someone had mounted a tire on it. The s hitty part is that I never took the wheel out of the box, just saw the wrong rivets and closed it up and returned it. I am now screwed out of over $400 (price of the wheel + original shipping, then return shipping). He either sent me a used wheel to begin with and I missed it, or sent a used wheel the second go round. Being that I didnt suspect any issues, I didnt take any pictures or anything, so Ebay buyer protection wouldnt do anything for me either. I would have accepted even a partial refund, but the seller did absolutely nothing to fix the situation. I gave him a couple opportunities to fix his wrong before I put his company on blast on the internet, but he offers no customer service and told me to go ahead and say what I wanted, because he has a "WORLDWIDE" reputation already. Sorry for the long read, but I always like to warn people of the scum bags that make Ebay a risk for everyone. I have an email string I am willing to share if anyone has interest, so PM if you want more. Just created this to warn those of you that use Ebay.

In comparison, I bought some caliper covers from American Muscle, and couldnt get them to work without rubbing my rotors. Even after installing them, American Muscle is willing to take them back. Now that is customer service, and why they will continue to receive my hard earned money for my mustang parts.

Wanted to chime in here & give you guys our side of the story.

Ebay listing was exactly how the wheel was sold. New 05-09 Shelby CS40 Wheel 20x10 (rear wheel). This wheel was the last one out there being sold... wheels are discontinued. We only sell NEW wheels and very limited amounts at that. This wheel was inspected and shipped out to Nick "95BlueStallion" and was not damaged in the process. The listing on eBay mentioned that it was the early rivet design & also had pictures on our listings to show it. Nick still made the purchase even after looking at the pictures/information.

Nick called us asking about returning the wheel because he said it was a different rivet style. We accepted the return & provided instructions.

Upon receiving the wheel back & inspecting it we had to decline the return because of the obvious damage that had been made. (Pictures included). Sent the information over to Nick and once the tracking # was issued by FedEx I sent that over as well for his records. We paid shipping back to him.

We tried to work with the customer but we are not able to refund or accept returns that have been installed or damaged. Claim was filed by Nick through eBay and after they reviewed all the information the case was closed and ruled in favor of Champion Auto Group. We have maintained a good reputation with our customer base because of the customer service we provide. I wish we could of worked something out Nick but the reality is that there was nothing else that could of been done.

We sent you a new wheel and received a used one back... this was the last one we had of the set & we know for sure it was never installed before.

Just wanted to provide our side of the story.

Champion Auto Group

Nick-Baxter-1.jpg

Nick-Baxter-2.jpg

Nick-Baxter-3.jpg

Nick-Baxter-4.jpg

Nick-Baxter-5.jpg

Nick-Baxter-6.jpg

Nick-Baxter-7.jpg

Nick-Baxter-8.jpg

Nick-Baxter-9.jpg

Nick-Baxter-10a.jpg

Nick-Baxter-11.jpg

Nick-Baxter-12.jpg

Nick-Baxter-13.jpg

WOW! It looks like this Nick guy tried to pull off a scam on Champion Auto Group. Sounds like the type of person who would return bricks in a computer box at Walmart, thinking they'll never check!:hitit:

I went through Ebay Buyer Protection and they sided with him because I didnt have any pictures or evidence. It was just my word against his. ****ed me off, but if nothing else I learned a lesson to always take pictures of anything I ever plan to return.

Something doesn't sound right here? What do you mean they sided with him because you didn't have any pictures or evidence? You stated they sent you the wheel back. Just take photos. Also you state, "he refused my return because I obviously mounted and used the wheel." You just admitted to mounting and using the wheel! Dude! What's the matter with you! You can't use auto parts and expect them to take them back? No company will take them back. You're upset that you got caught and you're trying to get sympathy here????:flame:

WOW! It looks like this Nick guy tried to pull off a scam on Champion Auto Group. Sounds like the type of person who would return bricks in a computer box at Walmart, thinking they'll never check!:hitit:

Come on guy's give him a break. He probably wrecked his car and needed to return some parts for cash. His only mistake was that he should have insured the wheel for damage in shipping. Then the financial burden would be on the shipping company. :crazy:

Something doesn't sound right here?

Correct you are. Like for instance.....why have yourself, crazystang23 and Champion Auto Group all got new accounts created less than 12-hours of one and other with identical content, registration and account IP information? Doesn't exactly scream "legitimate" when the accused in question makes up multiple false accounts in attempt to discredit the OP. Way to reinforce Nicks point and a open our eyes to a very poor business practice on your part. Makes me wonder how many of your positive EBay ratings are falsified as well? I’m starting to think you’re a little shady myself!?!

Additional accounts are terminated, along with your credibility. Pull something like this again and I'll consider making this a sticky on the top of every forum in bright flashing letters for all to see!!! We'll see what that does for your business rep then! :nono:

Reactions: 1 user
Correct you are. Like for instance.....why have yourself, crazystang23 and Champion Auto Group all got new accounts created less than 12-hours of one and other with identical content, registration and account IP information? Doesn't exactly scream "legitimate" when the accused in question makes up multiple false accounts in attempt to discredit the OP. Way to reinforce Nicks point and a open our eyes to a very poor business practice on your part. Makes me wonder how many of your positive EBay ratings are falsified as well? I’m starting to think you’re a little shady myself!?!

Additional accounts are terminated, along with your credibility. Pull something like this again and I'll consider making this a sticky on the top of every forum in bright flashing letters for all to see!!! We'll see what that does for your business rep then! :nono:

...and I'll help. :nice:

Something doesn't sound right here? What do you mean they sided with him because you didn't have any pictures or evidence? You stated they sent you the wheel back. Just take photos. Also you state, "he refused my return because I obviously mounted and used the wheel." You just admitted to mounting and using the wheel! Dude! What's the matter with you! You can't use auto parts and expect them to take them back? No company will take them back. You're upset that you got caught and you're trying to get sympathy here????:flame:

To set the record straight, the portion you have in quotes wasn't an admission. It was illustrating a point.

I don't think anyone here is buying your B.S. but thought I'd point that out anyway.

I am sure you can check the IP address to see where that was logged into or created.

We only set one profile up to respond to the accusation. We are not being shady or trying to set up multiple accounts to help our post.

I posted all the information that was needed along with pictures. Nothing more.

I am sure you can check the IP address to see where that was logged into or created.

We only set one profile up to respond to the accusation. We are not being shady or trying to set up multiple accounts to help our post.

I posted all the information that was needed along with pictures. Nothing more.

Really? Would you like for us to post registration and post IPs right here in the thread? Any idea what the outcome might be? :chin

Let it be known that Champion Auto Group has created two ALT accounts in order to assist in discrediting the OP's claims.

Take that information for what it's worth.

~Noobz

All I am saying is that I did not create another profile to prove my point.

I did not come on here to cause any issues or to cause drama for your website/forum.

All I wanted to do was post up our side of the story.

Really? Would you like for us to post registration and post IPs right here in the thread? Any idea what the outcome might be? :chin

Now post that information! I want to see that & how you came to that conclusion.

We created one profile and thats what we are using. Im sure you are trying to defend your friend but its not right to accuse us of something that is not true.

Let it be known that Champion Auto Group has created two ALT accounts in order to assist in discrediting the OP's claims.

Take that information for what it's worth.

~Noobz

All I am saying is that I did not create another profile to prove my point.

I did not come on here to cause any issues or to cause drama for your website/forum.

All I wanted to do was post up our side of the story.

So since you claim no responsibility for the other two accounts and insinuate no knowledge, perhaps I ban the IP addresses for those accounts. Of course, any account(s) having MATCHING IPs would also fall victim.

IP address information for post #5 by Champion Auto Group

Thread: Beware Of Ebay Seller "auction2200", Aka Champion Auto Group Out Of Dallas, Tx

Content IP 99.106.226.158 adsl-99-106-226-158.dsl.rcsntx.sbcglobal.net
User Registration IP 99.106.226.158 adsl-99-106-226-158.dsl.rcsntx.sbcglobal.net
Account Confirmation IP 99.106.226.158 adsl-99-106-226-158.dsl.rcsntx.sbcglobal.net

IP address information for post #6 by 66SHELBY1

Thread: Beware Of Ebay Seller "auction2200", Aka Champion Auto Group Out Of Dallas, Tx

User Registration IP 99.106.226.158 adsl-99-106-226-158.dsl.rcsntx.sbcglobal.net
Account Confirmation IP 99.106.226.158 adsl-99-106-226-158.dsl.rcsntx.sbcglobal.net
IP address information for post #8 by crazystang23

GO FOR IT! Please let me know when thats done so we can chat about it afterward.

Ok. :shrug: