beware of Glowshift

MattTheBat83

Mar 31, 2006
i tried to save some money buying a set of 3 gauges with the pod. cost $143 shipped. when it arrived and i tried to install it the mounting brackets for the gauges wouldn't fit into the pod. also the pod has to have holes drilled into it because you have to screw it on the the original molding. when i called their service dept they explained to me that i would have to pay to ship it back to them and that they were going to charge me a 15% restocking fee. i guess that is what i get for trying to be cheep

• Sponsors (?)

i tried to save some money buying a set of 3 gauges with the pod. cost $143 shipped. when it arrived and i tried to install it the mounting brackets for the gauges wouldn't fit into the pod. also the pod has to have holes drilled into it because you have to screw it on the the original molding. when i called their service dept they explained to me that i would have to pay to ship it back to them and that they were going to charge me a 15% restocking fee. i guess that is what i get for trying to be cheep

so obvioulsy you have never bought an autometer pod or gauges?

none of them fit, for everyone you have to drill holes, and you have to work round the retaining bracket in the back of the pod, Its not that big of a deal, just drill your 4 holes and go...

I was going to say. Autometer is the same way. No real surprise there. if you don't want to drill holes you gotta buy either a full lenght pillar pod or come up with something creative.

I bought a Speedhut full length dual pod, and I had to drill the holes, it was easy enough, I just used the original as a template. The only thing I dont like about it is that the top part that connects to the ceiling trim is a little wider.

The gauges are a press fit in the pod, I didnt even need the brackets if thats what youre talking about.:shrug:

On that note, I had the glow shift electronic fuel pressure gauge in my old Fox and the sending unit went out in a week. :notnice: