Big 3 Upgrade

Just recently did a big 3 upgrade on my 97 Cobra Convertible with 0 gauge ofc wire and now I have to jump my car and when it does start it idles very bad. Ultimately it shuts off ot sounds like it's struggling to stay on. I rerouted one ground so I was gonna try to put that back tomorrow. Any advice would help

• Sponsors (?)

its big in the import world. Hasnt quite caught on with Mustangs as much.

You replace factory wiring with bigger cables. The big three is typically.

battery to chassis ground upgrade
Alternator to positive charging post
Engine ground to chassis ground.

Wow, that was sooooo hard to explain :chair:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Just recently did a big 3 upgrade on my 97 Cobra Convertible with 0 gauge ofc wire and now I have to jump my car and when it does start it idles very bad. Ultimately it shuts off ot sounds like it's struggling to stay on. I rerouted one ground so I was gonna try to put that back tomorrow. Any advice would help
I am thinking about doing a big 3 upgrade on my 93 vert. Were you able to figure out what was wrong with your car idle? Also, What gauge wire did you use?

This is a thread for a 3G alternator upgrade. It also addresses the [weak] wiring in the Fox body and bypasses the OEM alternator wiring.

Yes... I realize the images are not showing up. I'm looking into that. In the meantime, if you right-click on the broken image and open it in a new tab or window, it will show. Hope to have the images fixed soon.