BIG BIG TRANNY PROBLEMS (I think) DEAR GOD HELP ME

Status
Not open for further replies.
you dont deserve any help at all. you deserve no respect. the second i read your first post i knew you were a little punk that didnt give a ***** about respecting others. If you want free help, i suggest you learn how to respect people and their opinions. If you want kiss your ass help, go to a transmission shop, they will kiss your ass when they say you need a new transmission.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, thanks to those who offered some advice, I very much appreciate it.

As for the others, Its now clear that I dont want you in my thread. I dont need your blah blah baby bull**** sounding like my ****ing parents lectuing me on the limits of my car. So go into your ****ing heated 4 car garage, finish polishing your new chrome visor screws, and get the **** out of my thread.

And I dont give a **** about how many ****ing damn posts I can have. Sorry, I dont post here everyday, I have less time than some of you. Most of it is spent working on my car instead of having an internet forum orgasm over it every day of the week.
HAHAHAHAHAAHA this is so funny! :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock:

Got no problem helping a fellow stanger out, but when you go about yelling at people like you own the place, or when you make a stupid mistake, expect some flames. So get over it. Just get the car fixed, I understand that your upset seeing as how you just ****ed over your tranny, I just rolled mine a few weeks back, so I know all about being pissed off. If ya got a problem with someones comments torwards you tho, just ignore it, otherwise it's basically just begging for more flames by calling posters morons and such..

IndyBlk5.0 said:
you dont deserve any help at all. you deserve no respect. the second i read your first post i knew you were a little punk that didnt give a ***** about respecting others. If you want free help, i suggest you learn how to respect people and their opinions. If you want kiss your ass help, go to a transmission shop, they will kiss your ass when they say you need a new transmission.

Help isnt ****ing describing to me how dumb I am or how bad I ****ed up, in case you didnt know that. Im not gonna respect some ****ing loser who ridicules me at my own expense. I posted it on my own will, and I dont need some internet ***got who I dont even know pointing out how dumb it was.

And I dont even need a ****ing tranny, the reverse gear is shot. Shows how much some of you ***got ****s know.

read my above post... im not an internet ***got. im a senior in highschool that works for my car, fixes everything that i can myself, i read to learn more information. and i am where i am right now becuase i respect people. enough with the lecture.... thats what happens when you piss people off. all behind.. there is no syncronizer in the reverse gear, hopefully you didnt drive it after you blew your reverse gear, you risk getting metal shavings in other gears and messing up the teeth on them... i have never replaced a reverse gear before, but i plan on taking apart my transmission soon... just do a search on this site for replacing the reverse gear on here, im sure there have been other instances of this happening. when you pull your tranny, (and if you know your clutch is ok) dont bother taking off the bellhousing, just unbolt the tranny from the bellhousing, me and my buddy could lift it, it weighs about 100 pounds so dont do it yourself.. im sure it would be cheaper if you did it yourself, but if you decide not to, just drop the tranny off at a transmission shop, im sure it will be a lot cheaper than taking it to the shop and having them install it and all... there ya go, and good luck i hope it isnt more than just the reverse gear....

Kurtis said:
Help isnt ****ing describing to me how dumb I am or how bad I ****ed up, in case you didnt know that. Im not gonna respect some ****ing loser who ridicules me at my own expense. I posted it on my own will, and I dont need some internet ***got who I dont even know pointing out how dumb it was.

And I dont even need a ****ing tranny, the reverse gear is shot. Shows how much some of you ***got ****s know.

What I would do is immediately take the car and have the transmission flushed because a simple drain will not do. The more you drive it the more damage you will do to it. Little shards of metal don't play nice with all those moving parts. If you can live with out the reverse gear then fine. But i'd be looking for a replacement tranny and clutch that can handle your driving habbits ;)

IndyBlk5.0 said:
read my above post... im not an internet ***got. im a senior in highschool that works for my car, fixes everything that i can myself, i read to learn more information. and i am where i am right now becuase i respect people. enough with the lecture.... thats what happens when you piss people off. all behind.. there is no syncronizer in the reverse gear, hopefully you didnt drive it after you blew your reverse gear, you risk getting metal shavings in other gears and messing up the teeth on them... i have never replaced a reverse gear before, but i plan on taking apart my transmission soon... just do a search on this site for replacing the reverse gear on here, im sure there have been other instances of this happening. when you pull your tranny, (and if you know your clutch is ok) dont bother taking off the bellhousing, just unbolt the tranny from the bellhousing, me and my buddy could lift it, it weighs about 100 pounds so dont do it yourself.. im sure it would be cheaper if you did it yourself, but if you decide not to, just drop the tranny off at a transmission shop, im sure it will be a lot cheaper than taking it to the shop and having them install it and all... there ya go, and good luck i hope it isnt more than just the reverse gear....

Well thanks.

I'm pretty sure its only that gear because everything else is working perfectly normal. Also, as we were trying to diagnose the problem, reverse stopped working entirely, most likely because all the unnecessary grinding finished off the teeth.

Thanks for the idea of taking it out myself, that would save $$$, and a ****load of time.

YO, indy and hyper!! whoever the hell you guys are, why dont you chill the hell out! If i were this Kurtis kid, i'd beat ur ass!! Everyone has made a mistake before with their stangs!! Either you blow your tranny powershifting at the track(which it wasnt meant to do) or u blow it up another way, it doesnt matter, the kid was lookin for some help not a ass chewing and a lecture on what and what not to do. Seriously just get the hell out, this forum is for people to get help with their stangs not to make u look all tuff and $hit....lay off!!

sixty9boss302 said:
YO, indy and hyper!! whoever the hell you guys are, why dont you chill the hell out! If i were this Kurtis kid, i'd beat ur ass!! Everyone has made a mistake before with their stangs!! Either you blow your tranny powershifting at the track(which it wasnt meant to do) or u blow it up another way, it doesnt matter, the kid was lookin for some help not a ass chewing and a lecture on what and what not to do. Seriously just get the hell out, this forum is for people to get help with their stangs not to make u look all tuff and $hit....lay off!!
read the whole thread before you post something like that... if you would of saw, i told him everything i know... :nonono: dont even start with this chill out bs. i helped him

sixty9boss302 said:
Ya u helped him a lot by telling him he was an idiot for doing what he did and he should sell his stang cuz hes a disgrace to it...yea that had was a real big help!! Pat yourself on the back for that one kid!!
I never said that, get your facts straight before you start talking crap. he came in here and called members dumbasses. if i recall correctly, i only said that t-5 transmissions where not made for what he did to them, i never remember saying he was an idiot or that he should sell his stang? i dont see that anywhere... :notnice: im not even going to argue with you.

sixty9boss302 said:

Won't even waste energy in replying to the "threat" lol. Anyways, if you'd read what I said, I didn't say anything mean. I was just backing up what Ranchero said, he may of not said it in the nicest way, but he did offer some advice also. But as for the "look all tuff and $hit" part, umm.... bro, your the one who is throwing threats around, I dont try and act all tuff and **** on the net, I just laugh at folks who do. So..... thanks for the :rlaugh:

Kurtis said:
Man, what an *******...this morning at school I decided to go a little crazy since there was some snow on the ground. After some donuts and 360's in my 89 GT, I decided to drop it in reverse. Boy what a freakin mistake that was. After throttling the thing I dropped the clutch in reverse, and everything went to hell, shaking, grinding...the whole ****load. Now whenever I try to move in reverse the car shakes like mad. I can get into the gear fine, but when I try to actually reverse, I get the problem. Whats going on???? Please for the love of Jesus H. Christ help me!!! :bang:

LMAO!!! I keep reading the original post over and over and keep on laughing! I can't even picture someone doing that. How can anyone drop it into reverse, then drop the clutch, totally mess up their car, then wonder what went wrong? This should have never been posted to begin with. Kurtis dude, you should of just realized to begin with what you did wrong then had your car towed to the nearest reputable tranny shop. First off, anyone in their right mind would never do this to a car. Second off, anyone in their right mind would of known exactly what they did to their trans if they were stupid enough to pull this "stunt" off. It is obvious that Kurtis has lost touch with reality. Cars are in no way invincible. Just my .02

Well whatever u wanna think, u guys didnt help that kid at all untill u flat out picked on him for a while. Not needed at all, and yea im glad you backed up ranchero, he was being real jackass to that kid too. You guys must all think your perfect and have never messed up before, yea thats pretty cool i wanna b like u........b**ches! :nice:

This thread started stupid and got progressively more stupid quick!

I am a auto tech, ASE certified in Manual Drivetrains and Axels, so I know what I am talking about, and unlike some making insults here, I know exactly how the tranny works, and what happened, exactly how it happened and what it will take to fix it. Yeah, you did something stupid, but who hasn't. Yes, your going to catch some flames, but come on, the steak is done already.
Ok, the point is you knocked the teeth off your reverse idler. The reverse "gear" is really a simple spur gear which goes beween the countershaft and main shaft in first gear, that is why first and reverse gear are the same ratio and why putting it in first gear before putting it in reverse makes it easier to engage. It was not intended to be beat on what so ever, kind of like the Park on a Automatic, so it is really weak. It has no syncs, so it will pop in there at speed and will not match speed (syncronise, that is why they are called syncronisers) first, so it will grind the teeth off really easy.

Go ahead and get a Tremec 3550. Unless you are experienced with it, trying to rebuild your own tranny is more trouble than it is worth. It takes alot of tools and know-how.

Status
Not open for further replies.