Biggest injectors you can run on stock ecu?

This is from experience playing with 351w engines and 76mm turbos.

you will find the edge of the turbo map before you reach 700hp. 3 separate builds all with a similar cheapie 76-78mm turbo after 25psi we just made more heat no extra power.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Thank you for the answer to my question. I might have to run a pimpxs ecu with tuning. Pro m sells 75lb with a calibrated mass air as well.
Oh gee I think I suggested that earlier . Then you won’t need the meter anymore either.
Definitely go with a stand-alone type of efi. Pimpxs is a great system and easy to setup and use. I’d recommend it.

As toolow said, the mass air meter can go in the trash if you go with a megasquirt based controller, as they run speed density

This is from experience playing with 351w engines and 76mm turbos.

you will find the edge of the turbo map before you reach 700hp. 3 separate builds all with a similar cheapie 76-78mm turbo after 25psi we just made more heat no extra power.
Stock block 357w we have been 8.51 with a 78/75 billet precision . Goes to show you the difference in buying a better turbo makes . Also a bit bigger to of course

Are you able to run the holley ev1 66lb injectors on a stock 1989 mustang ecu. Currently running 42lb injectors changing over to a turbo setup going for 800rwhp. What I understand the 42lbs are only good for 550rwhp. Ecu is all factory just running a 6al box with btm and a fmu with a 255 in tank.
guess your not familiar with the project stock bottom end car. He's making 915whp with a Chinese turbo lmao. Motors been together for 4years. Maybe back in the 80s they would split at 500hp but nowadays a few guys are making this hp level.
UMMMMMMM Wasnt YOUR Mustang, Block and well Everything Stock you have made in the 80's?

Ignore any other information on here. The stock fox eec-iv computer will let you input an injector slope up to 112lbs for the high and low slope. Deka 80s, a very common injector, and those I use on one of my personal cars right now, have a low slope that pushes the boundaries of that 112 limit. However, you can easily apply scaling factors to other aspects of the tune to take it even higher. I have personally tuned a truck with 220 lb injectors on e85 using an EEC-IV with a quarterhorse chip. You'll be fine with 80 lb injectors in the hands of a competent tuner using a quarterhorse chip on a stock computer. Those injectors will get you to your power goal if you've got the pump, feed line, and rails to support the flow.

Shoot me a message if you're interested in having me tune this for you free of charge (assuming you pickup a quarterhorse chip and binary editor software). You will need to remove the BTM and FMU from the equation though. You can probably sell that stuff off for about the price of the quarterhorse chip. There's somebody on the Binary Editor FB group right now selling a package deal for $350 for the software license dongle and the quarterhorse chip. Still in box with sticker and everything.

In the same breath, though, I wouldn't recommend pushing over about 18-20 pounds of boost using a stock computer on a stock block due to the lack of knock sensors. You're going to be pushing the block way past the extremes at 30 pounds and I wouldn't feel good about doing that without knock sensors and wideband-fed short term fuel trims.

Any "competent" tuner would run from this project, because when it blows up, so does your reputation.
The OP has no clue what he's doing and neither does anyone that says go ahead use 80s and I'll tune it.
Then a post later admits it's extreme.
You guys should work together on this project, do a Facebook live dyno video, it will be epic.
I don't have an account but I'll sign up to see the fireworks.
It's a stock block, nothing changes that.
Regardless of how it's tuned, the tuner, the boost, the outcome will still be the same...

I'm
Any "competent" tuner would run from this project, because when it blows up, so does your reputation.
The OP has no clue what he's doing and neither does anyone that says go ahead use 80s and I'll tune it.
Then a post later admits it's extreme.
You guys should work together on this project, do a Facebook live dyno video, it will be epic.
I don't have an account but I'll sign up to see the fireworks.
It's a stock block, nothing changes that.
Regardless of how it's tuned, the tuner, the boost, the outcome will still be the same...
I'm not going to argue with you. You know literally nothing of my work and competency when it comes to these cars. I'm speaking from experience when I say the stock computer with 100% certainty can and will work for this combo. I'm not telling the guy he should try to push a stock block to 800+ horsepower. I'm trying to explain that the stock computer will not be the reason for the car blowing up. Don't know how many turbo combos you've tuned, but I feel pretty good about my own capabilities. Again from EXPERIENCE. Not from idle chatter coming across forums and facebook feeds.The car in my garage right now has a 76mm turbo on a HCI 347 stock block with 80 lb Deka injectors. A9L computer, a QuarterHorse, and a wideband. Running off the gate at 12 psi. Sure sounds a whole lot like the combo the OP is wanting to put together. Just a little less boost. It's dialed in and drives like a dream. Super strong. Do what you want with your cars and money, but don't bring your negativity into these public forums. It's unnecessary and childish. I sure as hell hope you also have several thousand hours behind the keyboard tuning these cars if you're going to bring this kind of cocky bull:poo: into the thread like you know better than the rest of us. I'm done on this one. But again, Op, let me know if you'd like some help. That's what these forums are for.

Interesting, you mysteriously show up on the forum, start with "ignore any other information here", then move on to self promotion, followed by bad advice and accuse someone else of bringing cocky bull to thread?
If you even took the time to read all the posts you'd see that most of us think the computer is the least of his problems.
He's trying to run a stock block with mediocre parts and a boost a pump to 800rwhp on a budget.
I guess the good news is, he found a competent tuner that can tune out the wrong parts...

Interesting. Once again,the OP on this post is gone....never to be heard from again. As far as TheLeech, I've seen your tuning videos on Youtube. I understand you were "called out" on here,but your replies could've been less pompous. All you had to do was explain your background and maybe throw up a video or two.Of course these long term members are gonna give you some grief.

Thats what i was thinking, but most of the boost should be in the cylinder bore, but maybe the blow by adds up creates.... ok its the tensile strength of the middle of block. The ignition of the gas causes so much more force (since each side is oulling away from middle, that it just splits in the middle and pulls/cracks apart. I think. Lol.