Biggest rear tire???

Bonez8791

Mar 30, 2012
Sorry if this topic has already been discussed before but I'm going to be running a pair of 15x8 pro stars with 5.5 backspacing on my 91 gt and I'm wondering what the biggest tire is that I can use with modification other than removing the quad shock. I don't want to have to roll the fenders or beat on anything. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I used to have the ol turbine wheels and had 275's/60/15 with only a barely noticable rub on quad and under the fender whel. I think a 1/4 spacer and a slight roll of fender lip would jave done the job. Rode them forever till it was time to change them for new ones. Not sure if my old turbines are the same back space as your pro-stars

I used to have the ol turbine wheels and had 275's/60/15 with only a barely noticable rub on quad and under the fender whel. I think a 1/4 spacer and a slight roll of fender lip would jave done the job. Rode them forever till it was time to change them for new ones. Not sure if my old turbines are the same back space as your pro-stars

Yea I've got a set of 275/50-15's on my 87 with a spacer and the fenders rolled and they fit pretty good but in the process of rolling the fenders the fenders got boogered up so I'm trying to stay away from having to roll these ones. Thanks for the input.

I have a pair of Toyo Proxes TQ 255/50/16 drag radials on 16X8 Cobra R wheels that fit without rubbing on my non-rolled fenderwells, and my car is lowered a bit with Eibach springs. I do not have the quad shocks, but I did have to dimple a tail pipe a litte bit because a tire rubbed on one of them.

I have a pair of Toyo Proxes TQ 255/50/16 drag radials on 16X8 Cobra R wheels that fit without rubbing on my non-rolled fenderwells, and my car is lowered a bit with Eibach springs. I do not have the quad shocks, but I did have to dimple a tail pipe a litte bit because a tire rubbed on one of them.

It looks like that size tire will be the one I'm after then. Thanks for sharing.

150100_10150753747708480_562428479_9481276_312743435_n.jpg