biggest tires on 10 holes

• Sponsors (?)

Well i don't know about DR's but i used to run 265/50 radials on them with no clearance issues at all and they were nice and wide. I've got 265/60/16s on my ARE's and they rub a tad bit on the fenders but rolling them would work...so something in 265/50-60 should fit ok without much or any work.

Who makes a tire in 265/50/15? I've never heard of anything like that.

Good old Pepboys Futuras. They used to be like $69 each and they actually hooked pretty damn good for a cheap street tire. I used to run 1.90 60's all day on'em. I believe BFG makes a 265/60 but they're a lot more expensive. I've got BFG drag radials in 265/60/16 right now. I always felt that a 265/60 would've been better because the 50s were a little short in height. Since he's looking for drag radials that shouldn't be a hard size to find. A lot of people run 275/60s but they're on Welds with better back spacing than 10 holes allow you so i can't say for sure if they'll fit.

Those wheels are 7 inches wide, and depending how tall the sidewall is, you could have anything from a 235-50, to a 255+60 series sidewall. The taller the sidewall, the wider the tire can be because the sidewall will stretch.

I recommend not going overly wide. 235 or 245 is plenty, and you're already starting to stretch the sidewall. If you put a 265, I think the contact patch will be rounded, will wear badly, and probably not hook as well.

Chris

I ran a set of 275/50/ 15 Mickey drag radials on my 10 holes for a while. Cut 1.55 60fts with that combo in semi stock suspension. I had to beat the inner fenders quite a bit to fit them though. I would suggest the 255 or 235 / 60 mickeys. They won't last long though. If you gonna use the 10 holes for track only i'd get some 26 X 8.50 slicks personally. They dropped my 60 ft to the low 1.40's

I recommend not going overly wide. 235 or 245 is plenty, and you're already starting to stretch the sidewall. If you put a 265, I think the contact patch will be rounded, will wear badly, and probably not hook as well.

Chris

Nah, with a 265 you're basically at the limit of what a 7 inch rim is gonna hold before you start seeing any contact patch issues. I ran the 265/50s on mine for years with no problems at all, and the 265/60s would be better since the sidewall would allow for more flex. The downfall to the 50s is that you end up with a pretty short tire which kinda sucks.

Here's mine back in the day:
626821_42_full.jpg

Here's mine with 275/50 BFG DRs. I just flipped the quad shocks and massaged the inner fender some. They do graze the inner every once in a while when pulling in a driveway or something and one of the rear tires tucks up but nothing I would worry about. They do not hit the lip on the outside fender. The car drives perfectly fine with them.

HPIM1164.jpg