Billet (Chromed) Interior Accessories

marvinmycat

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2002
Buffalo, NY
This is probably more Sound and Shine forum, but I give some good advice below...

In my slow, but never ending quest to replace the entire interior of my Stang with Chromed billet stuff, I've done the following....

UPR window switches (received "satin" finish which is really machined and looks like @$$ - I ended up spending 20 hours polishing them by hand and taking them to a chrome shop) :mad:
Defrost knob from UPR - same deal. :mad:
UPR door soldiers - same f-ing deal there too! I didn't like MGW's style:mad:
MGW CHROME headlight knob - MMMMMMMMmmmmmmm, CCCHhhhhrrrooommmmeeee! :nice:

I decided to stop there and see if I could get the dash vents chromed too. It took me about a week of broadband searching on the Internet to finally find a shop that chromes interior plastic pieces (Chrome Tech USA). I'm sure they do outstanding work as they can either paint intricate pieces, or just do the entire thing. They specialize in restoring your classic cars back to factory finish.

I called them one day and got a qoute of around $50 for doing one vent. OMFG! :bang: So I started on my quest for a paint product that would work. In short, I spent about $20 on four different products, and none of them produced a finish that even REMOTELY looked like the cap! Where the hell do these companies get their chrome paint can caps colored that way, and can I send you my pieces to run them through that process?!?!?!?

At the end of my rope, and refusing to pay $200 for sending my pieces to this guy (plus shipping BOTH ways), I had a brain storm. Woosh. I checked with two different vinyl shops and struck gold, err chrome with the second one.

The guy had put my windshield banner on twice before (took a rock to the windshield a month after getting the banner put on, and went back to get another one - at half price I might add!). He gave me a small piece of chrome vinyl to mess around with...

Well, it took me about an hour to get used to the stuff and figure out how it all works/sticks etc. but I completed one of my vents! It looks damned good for being what it is, and sure as hell is a far cry from any paint product I've tried which looks like silver - not like the mirrored chrome finish I am after.

So here comes the eye candy - let me know what you think!

Pics in a sec after I go Gold (G damnit!)

BLING!
attachment.php

BLING! BLING!
attachment.php

Attachments

• bling.jpg
    bling.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 244
  • bling2.jpg
    bling2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 238
  • Sponsors (?)

I did have some around here a long time ago. I'm sure that they're all gone by now. Right now it i -1 outside, and I can't even go to a car wash as they are all closd becuase all their equipment isall frozen up! Read as - my car looks like crap right now (a giant salt lick). :bang:

More eye candy. Sorry it is so dark. There is no more sun in Buffalo for the next three months, so it will have to do.

BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING!

attachment.php

Attachments

• bling3.jpg
    bling3.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 171
Finally done with the chrome vinyl.

BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING! BLING!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• blingage1.jpg
    blingage1.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 156
  • blingage2.jpg
    blingage2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 167