Bird Crap + Paint = Pi$$ed

jprez22

Jan 24, 2003
Dallas, TX
I need some advice...today at lunch I parked under a tree and was eating lunch for an hour. I walked out to my car and literally wanted to cut the tree down :mad: There was so much bird crap all over my car.. it was so bad I couldnt' see out the windshield very well. My question is would having bird crap on the car for about an hour hurt the paint? I immediately went and washed the car off but I'm concerned. The last time I waxed the car was in October and the water still beads so I hope i'm good. Suggestions? (besides not parking under a tree of course)

JP

• Sponsors (?)

I dont really think that the bird poo would hurt your paint. Cars get crapped on all the time and I dont think anyone ever goes and gets it painted for a spot of crap. Just wash it off. The only way I see it messing it up is if the paint was new and wet. Dunno, just my 2.
Matt

madmatt said:
I dont really think that the bird poo would hurt your paint. Cars get crapped on all the time and I dont think anyone ever goes and gets it painted for a spot of crap. Just wash it off. The only way I see it messing it up is if the paint was new and wet. Dunno, just my 2.
Matt

actually if you left it on for a few hours and you look close up you can see the damage...you can basically see the outline of where it landed...

if your car is black, you'll see it a lot more than if your car is white.

Often I have bird poo on my car for a week or so at a time since I'm at school and don't use my car everyday. I don't know until the next time I drive her :nonono: Freaking birds. After I get a chance to wash I can't tell where it had been. :shrug:

Bird crap is ONE OF THE WORST things that can touch your paint. Always get it off the car immediately...I don't care where you are or how embarrassing it may be...just get it off the paint ASAP.

Like White96GTinFla said.....there's acid in it. It sounds like you were parked in the shade since you were under a tree....so you might be alright.

Bird crap + paint + sun = cracked clearcoat

~B7~ said:
Bird crap is ONE OF THE WORST things that can touch your paint. Always get it off the car immediately...I don't care where you are or how embarrassing it may be...just get it off the paint ASAP.

Like White96GTinFla said.....there's acid in it. It sounds like you were parked in the shade since you were under a try....so you might be alright.

Bird crap + paint + sun = cracked clearcoat

Dead love-bugs smashed onto the front of the car being number one.

i had to have my brand new car's back bumper painted. the reason being is a bird crapped on it & noone noticed it at the lot for a few weeks aparently. it ate almost completely through the paint :nonono: but i bought it anyway & drove it home & just brought it back a week later to get it taken care of at the dealership. but it's all good now :nice:

Just be careful when scrubbing the crap off. A bird shat on the hood of new Saleen and I scrubbed it off with a sponge. Needless to say that damn bird must of been eating pebbles for lunch because it scratched the paint up pretty good. Pressure wash it If possible.

saleen195 said:
Just be careful when scrubbing the crap off. A bird shat on the hood of new Saleen and I scrubbed it off with a sponge. Needless to say that damn bird must of been eating pebbles for lunch because it scratched the paint up pretty good. Pressure wash it If possible.
Yeah, definately don't scrub, just hose it down with good pressure, then gently brush away until all gone.

I wouldn't worry about it, I have an atlantic blue which is pretty dark, I live under tons of trees and have no garage or driveway (yes u heard right) my car is constantly covered in crap and after I wash it nothing is left behind.

~B7~ said:
Bird crap is ONE OF THE WORST things that can touch your paint. Always get it off the car immediately...I don't care where you are or how embarrassing it may be...just get it off the paint ASAP

thats what I do. as soon as I see bird crap on any of our vehicles I clean them asap! I try to avoid parking under trees and such, but every now and then they still get crap on my car :nonono: damn birds