Build Thread Bird_dog0347's Frankenstang, sure is nice of us to build a car around the fuel filler door

Quite a bit done this week, new bumper and hood should be delivered tomorrow, new Trunk lid already in 2k and first blocking, both front fenders blocked and in 2k, the donor car driver rear 1/4 cut out so we can get it ready for the red car. I was joking with Kevin that the only thing that will be an original body part on the car is the passenger rear 1/4 panel and said it's damn nice of us to save that panel.

sC1KkHC.jpg

L1ff1JP.jpg

PtXpLSn.jpg

xXX7SvD.jpg

3rBns4Z.jpg

5iMy3HW.jpg

PTt3lZ0.jpg

X3clHGO.jpg

nPacjgg.jpg

AgawdO0.jpg

D4NMXpS.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

So it's been a while since I updated this, there hasn't been a ton of stuff to show off as it looks like a lot of the same. Mostly getting the doors and fenders K&K perfect and straight, the doors I think are as straight as they are going to get and the fenders are almost there. The roof is pretty much ready for the T-Top frame and it was disassembled and sent for powder coating. Once Kevin has time to go start to finish on either the roof or the fender those will happen as he will need to complete it in one go once he starts it.

Gonna have to fix some rust on door mount points too.
jP93WWC.jpg

lIS2z4e.jpg

Doors...
bqUJkFg.jpg

tnN8qjn.jpg

7MQyZ7r.jpg

ylwyAqW.jpg

60dnhaS.jpg

FQ9LvyJ.jpg

Fenders...
1yWJ5OC.jpg

New bumper cover and support...
8Po1G0I.jpg

Roof measurements for T-Top frame...
eT4dFQc.jpg

New stock style steel hood...
8Oe077V.jpg

o1iA68y.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
So it's been a while since I updated this, there hasn't been a ton of stuff to show off as it looks like a lot of the same. Mostly getting the doors and fenders K&K perfect and straight, the doors I think are as straight as they are going to get and the fenders are almost there. The roof is pretty much ready for the T-Top frame and it was disassembled and sent for powder coating. Once Kevin has time to go start to finish on either the roof or the fender those will happen as he will need to complete it in one go once he starts it.

Gonna have to fix some rust on door mount points too.
jP93WWC.jpg

lIS2z4e.jpg

Doors...
bqUJkFg.jpg

tnN8qjn.jpg

7MQyZ7r.jpg

ylwyAqW.jpg

60dnhaS.jpg

FQ9LvyJ.jpg

Fenders...
1yWJ5OC.jpg

New bumper cover and support...
8Po1G0I.jpg

Roof measurements for T-Top frame...
eT4dFQc.jpg

New stock style steel hood...
8Oe077V.jpg

o1iA68y.jpg
Hmmm…I recognize that red front seat from my car!

Bill

Reactions: 1 users
Now I see why @Noobz347 likes to make fun of me for the primer consumption. I sprayed
3 gallons of primer just today. But got pieces from 3 different cars Slathered in it
dangit... I wish I had weighed my car before sending it to you so I could see the difference after it gets 400# of primer on it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Today was a big milestone, no going back now! Also I was able to order the MM K member kit as it was finally in stock at LMR and I wasn't sure how long it would take to order direct from MM.

p5QKBSg.jpg

WlXvGym.jpg

EwMT9ZG.jpg

Reactions: 2 users