Build Thread Bird_dog0347's Frankenstang, sure is nice of us to build a car around the fuel filler door

• Sponsors (?)

I have every single receipt for everything I’ve done and the previous owner as well. I never add it up. I’m super OCD too, so I count everything in existence. It’s a challenge to not even keep a “rough tab” on it. The wife doesn’t ask, and I don’t know. It would probably make us both sick. I do know it’s been 2377 beers though. Don’t judge, I work 90% alone.

Reactions: 1 user
I have every single receipt for everything I’ve done and the previous owner as well. I never add it up. I’m super OCD too, so I count everything in existence. It’s a challenge to not even keep a “rough tab” on it. The wife doesn’t ask, and I don’t know. It would probably make us both sick. I do know it’s been 2377 beers though. Don’t judge, I work 90% alone.
I'd rather not count the beers/drinks... I measure time by consumption.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I'd rather not count the beers/drinks... I measure time by consumption.
If I could stop counting them, I would lol!
The worst is license plates. I have to add all the numbers up. Have to.
You gotta factor heat in. I was slurping beers down last night while working on a welding project. Damn beers had holes in em or something I swear.
Man, a cold beer on a hot day is proof God exists and loves us. Plus, beer makes us more handsome and gives us the strength and courage to do things we couldn’t have done without it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I don't even want to think about what I have in Dusty. It started out as a cheap junk yard and spare parts build. My car has over 30k worth of parts in it and the interior and exterior still looks like junk.

• Surprised
I don't even want to think about what I have in Dusty. It started out as a cheap junk yard and spare parts build. My car has over 30k worth of parts in it and the interior and exterior still looks like junk.
I'd guess I'm close to $20-25k spent so far, and here's how it currently looks lol.

v2OOkNM.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
It takes money to make money, and these cars are an investment if you do them right. I'll keep this one a really long time, but it wouldn't have been worth much if it wasn't a full send.

• Agree
Over the last few months @95steedamustang (the devil on my shoulder) has been trying to convince me that I need to Terminator swap the car as well. Unfortunately, that's an expensive proposition that basically means I'd be in Coyote swap territory money wise with very little available to recoup the costs.

So ummm, I kinda did a thing today....

This past Sunday I found this 97 Cobra Vert for sale locally, already has a built T56, upgraded clutch, COP conversion, Vortech V1 with Aftercooler, supposedly dyno'd at 475 to the wheels (feels right). The price was right, so I made my move and picked it up this afternoon. I drove it across town in traffic with no plates so I didn't get on it much at all, but whatever.

This engine, trans, supercharger is going in my fox and we will sell off the vert roller as well as my engine/trans setup so that my cost overall for the power train upgrade is pretty low, especially compared to a Terminator setup.

69n2o5h.jpg

cTrOQU9.jpg

ufU5VfL.jpg

QLbBhTB.jpg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users