Build Thread Bird_dog0347's Frankenstang, sure is nice of us to build a car around the fuel filler door

• Sponsors (?)

Well, it's gonna be a lot closer to you once I get it shipped to TN.

No tow vehicle. Given what I have going with work and personal life, I couldn't make a trip right now anyway.

But i'm going to be looking out for a 96-04 roller at some point in the near future...preferably a Cobra convertible. I want to coyote swap it

Dammit, If you were local i would have been interested in the roller. Unfortunately I don't have the means to road-trip right now. :(
Full disclosure, the roller has a TX rebuilt title from some front end damage. It drives well but the panel gaps on the front end made Kevin have a sad face. It isn't perfect, but will be a cool car for someone. I'm having it shipped from my house to his (900 miles) for $675... today. So don't worry about a tow vehicle.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
This was last week when I shipped the Cobra to Kevin, nice healthy 4.6, just needs a good cleaning, detailing, and a few new gaskets to make sure it stays nice. The car had previously been tuned at Gear Heads and showed 447/403 to the wheels, but the dumbass previous owner also wanted to "pop flames".

Anyway, car arrived safely, and I've already got my old 302/T5 setup sold and have an offer on the Cobra roller so I should make out pretty good on this drive train deal.

I am planning to buy the Holley system and a fuel system from Glenn's that should support up to 1k HP even though I never intend to go that far... it'll never be a fuel issue. Plus with the Holley it will get a full tune and not "pop flames" so we're guessing about 500ish to the wheels is the plan.

Also it's nice to see under the Cobra and notice that there's no nuts holding the exhaust together, ANYWHERE. :suicide::rolleyes:

YxqCdQv.jpg

BWX2YRl.jpg

4UXnaZr.jpg

uG10zkS.jpg

xEDIt70.jpg

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
I actually started this thread with just the IRS swap that I picked up for $500... They aren't cheap now for sure. @Mustang5L5 when you buy my Cobra roller it already has a nice SRA with 31 spines and 4.10's and it rides comfortably especially for as low as it sits. :D

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 user
So this was a big week for my three cars I have at Kevin's... First off the 97 Cobra has a buyer, and he's not in a huge hurry so we don't have to be on a time crunch to pull the engine and he will give us a deposit. Between the prices for my 5.0 drive train and the sale price for the Cobra roller, it means I have the 4.6 DOCH, aftercooled Vortech supercharger, built T56 and accessories to put in my coupe for about $3,000 out of pocket, but I will still need to buy the Holley EFI as well as the fuel system (I don't know about or trust the fuel system in the Cobra so it will start fresh), so likely another $3500-4k for all that but that isn't bad AT ALL.

Kevin gave the Cobra one final shakedown on the Dragon to make sure we don't have to worry about anything mechanically.
iGV7QVy.jpg

This week's plan was to get the driver's rear fender and inner structure fully installed and welded in, and have it in epoxy. As Kevin said in his text to me this morning, the best things in life need no explanation.

eMaiq6U.jpg

pTTte3f.jpg

agMAqLZ.jpg

And here's how it compares to his reef coupe that has not been repaired. Some fantastic work here and a huge milestone for the car.

S7E5fI3.jpg

RDk6gru.jpg

Mifc1rd.jpg

nA9kTT3.jpg

Unfortunately, the passenger side rear fender which we *thought* was good and straight... well, ummm, let's just say it belongs on this car and isn't surprising. It too will be getting replaced, luckily we have the other from the donor car, but we don't expect anything more than a reskin as the inner structure seems to be ok, at least we think so at the moment.

vRFwxyc.jpg

Bo0i3Fa.jpg

ME3BNWK.jpg

Reactions: 3 users