Black Chrome Cobra Rims

03redgtstang

Banned
Apr 24, 2007
Hey guys, what do you think black chrome on rims? Ive been lookin around on ebay and man the idea of it sounds sick. I dont think Ive ever seen these actually on car. so not sure how it would actually look on a 03 red gt. Im just thinking with my dark tint and a chin spoiler it might look good. Does anyone have some pics of these on cars..

The one here is what im talking about.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AFS-...ryZ43957QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Sponsors (?)

Stay away from AFS wheels. I got a set of black chrome bullits from them and the quality sucked. Lots of bubbles in the chrome and specs of dirt beneath the chrome.I went through over a two month ordeal with them and finally gave up and got my money back. It is a new process and it is far from being mastered.Half the time they don't even match. Some have more black, some have more chrome, hell one i got was brown chrome. Also that picture you have does not really show what they look like. If you can actually find a good set that matches they look sweet. Way better then that picture you got.You can see some on cruizinconcepts.com. They are also a bunch of jerk-offs but their black chrome is better. Just be prepared for a big pain in the asssssh if you want black chrome wheels.

Thanks guys appreciate the advice/replys. When i first looked at your car nice1, i was like wow those look really nice but then after looking at em some more it seemed like you said purple, as well as just about every other color just started jumping out at me, gotta just be how the light hits it kinda.... hmm. i think i will need to see some in person. As for swl, I guess if I found a place where I could see em before I bought em I would be more interested. Thanks for the advice though ill be careful if I decide to act on a set.

If your gonna get some new wheels go for some wider sizes, you should be sittin on 17x8's right now.

Oya i got my new wheels from AFS, they look so killer and the quality is great. Too bad they are still sitting in the box.