Black engine bays with RED cars. CHROMDOUTDUBS chime in. NEED PICS!

• Sponsors (?)

not the best, but here you go

Attachments

• 000_0653_2.jpg
    000_0653_2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 510
I like both, black and car color. Black to me is more old school since back in the day most cars had black engine bays, but i do think body color looks cleaner. Mine is probably getting Por15'ed in black.

I like both also... if you have chrome parts the semi-gloss black engine bay will make your engine stick out like a jewel in a black box.

the way i see it, painting it black your eyes are drawn to the engine, it becomes the focal point of the engine bay.

That's how i see it. Plus black is going to hide oil and grime better should you get it dirty. I like a black engine bay with a red engine and polished accents.

Here some pictures of the the black engine bay... I just took some pictures with the new fuel system on it, WOOOT!!!
-AJ

Where in the HELL did you find those breathers? Im trying to find some nice ones that dont have ANY chrome on them... i se that yours have some on the bottom, but that will be easier to hide than the others im looking at.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled thread...

The GREAT job my painter did :rolleyes:

DCP_1397.jpg

After i painted the engine bay black and dropped the engine in..

motorincar.jpg

Where in the HELL did you find those breathers? Im trying to find some nice ones that dont have ANY chrome on them... i se that yours have some on the bottom, but that will be easier to hide than the others im looking at.

I got them on summit racing . com - They are K&N, i got them for the same reason you like them, less chrome.... Lemme know if you cant find them on there, ill pull up my old order number if ya need.

-AJ

I got them on summit racing . com - They are K&N, i got them for the same reason you like them, less chrome.... Lemme know if you cant find them on there, ill pull up my old order number if ya need.

-AJ

Im lookin them up now, i appreciate it man! The picture i just put up there is deceiving, i had those chrome valve covers on there just to protect the rockers when we stabbed the engine, i have a set of the black TFS ones now... something about chrome gets on my nerves anymore. :shrug: