black or anthracite fr500's? decision needs to be made

old_blue

15 Year Member
Nov 3, 2003
car is mineral gray and I was shooting for 18's in teh anthracite but then I saw a mineral gray with black bullitts and it got me thinking on how black fr500s would look. anyone have any pics??? opinions?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm a bit biased, but I'd recommend hypercoated. I think they'd match mineral grey perfectly. Here is a picture I found in the picture thread, it is one of the pictures that convinced me to go with hypercoated.

000_0007-1.jpg

what is hypercoated and where did you get yours from? still looking for a place to pick them up at in the next month or so.

Hypercoated is kind of a shiny anthracite/black chrome looking wheel. In sun, they look kind of like a subtle, or toned down chrome, but in less intense light, they're more anthracite looking. They have excellent contrast in all light, and none of these pictures do them justice. This is what americanmuscle.com says about them:

Hypercoating, sometimes referred to as "Black Chrome", "Liquid Metal", or "Gun Metal", is the process of painting a wheel, polishing it, and then applying a metallic clear coat finish. Our new hypercoated wheels have an amazing “liquid mercury” style finish that changes shades of grey/silver in different lighting conditions, and are sure to attract attention.

You can get them from americanmuscle.com, http://www.americanmuscle.com/18x10-fr500-deepdish-hypercoated.html and I'm sure you can find them other places.

Here are a few pics of mine.

DSC01387.jpg

DSC01199.jpg

DSC01226.jpg

not my car and not mineral gray buy you get the idea

Picture221small.jpg

i've never like black wheels. they might look nice up close but stand 5 feet away and they look horrible. no definition to them whatsoever. kinda reminds me of a car with steel wheels that lost its hubcaps:notnice:

mystangframeresized.jpg

hypercoated FTW :)

i've seen the anthracite finish in person as well, didn't really like it because it didn't shine like the hypercoated wheels do.

Flyboy- the hypercoated looks great on your black stang! I might have to recommend that to my buddy with a black mach.

I love the black ones but I am still unsure of which ones I want

I like the black, but I also like the original silver, and the hypercoated. I don't know if I want 18's though.

I will probably just go with the black as to keep with the MG and black theme.Tinted windows, taillights, Graphite (black) interior.

I am either going silver or anthracite in the 18 9/10 combo with some H+R springs.

EPIK- were your H+R's the super sport ones? I don't want too much of a drop, probably 1.5-1.75 inches would be fine. I don't want any clearance issues at all. I think the sportlines would give me issues.