Oct 19, 2017
What would cause this?

Attachments

• 20171018_185238.jpg
    20171018_185238.jpg
    468.2 KB · Views: 135
  • Sponsors (?)

My guess is it’s running pig rich.
As to why,well I don’t know- you haven’t mentioned any info at all about your car.
What year is it?
Check engine light on?
What are the codes?
What are the mods?
How’s it run?
Those will be good starting points to help figure out your issue

My guess is it’s running pig rich.
As to why,well I don’t know- you haven’t mentioned any info at all about your car.
What year is it?
Check engine light on?
What are the codes?
What are the mods?
How’s it run?
Those will be good starting points to help figure out your issue
Ok, thank you. I literally just made this profile

Reactions: 1 user
I had an Olds Calais years ago that did this to me a lot. Dealership diagnosed it as one or more fuel injectors slowly leaking gas into the intake while the car sat overnight, causing a very rich condition at startup. It would sometimes take several tries to get it to fire, and it would sometimes backfire through the intake on failed starts.

I would guess probably a bad injector. Pulled any plugs yet? How do they look? If you don't have a tune on the car and it just happened recently I'd go through start the car and let it run for 5-10 seconds, shut it off and immeditly start pulling plugs laying them out on the floor the way they came out. If one of them has more carbon on it than the others that's most likely your bad injector. If you're into the route of pi*sing money away trying to fix the problem. Injectors on eBay are only like $50 for a set of stock 19lbsers