Blacked out trim

• Sponsors (?)

there is a december issue of a mustang & Fords mag that as a feature on a 69 fastback that is all blacked out. Personally I like it, but it has to be done right(the car overall) and has to have that agressive restomod look. I think the car was called "Blackened"

Yeah, I remember seeing that issue. That car looked great but definitely in a different realm of mod than mine. I think that the car being black really helps the blacked trim fit in. The same treatment on a white car would look good. My car is dark blue and I'm concerned will not pull the black trim off as well. My bumpers are not in great shape so I might try to spray them as a test before either sending them to get powder coated or get new chrome ones.

That's honestly not a bad idea. Get some cheap spray paint and lay it on, just, dry, mist dry then lay it on normal. Should stick enough to get the picture. Then clean it off with thinner. Or better yet. Post some good photos and I can photoshop the chrome black. Not quite the same but close.

If you post some pics with better lighting and some better angles I could do better but here's this for starters.

Sorry, I had to make the pic look like crap so i can attatch it. I gues you can only upload 78Kb pics.......That's weak. :nonono:

Attachments

• bumper1.jpg
    bumper1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 133
i think the 69/70 cars look better with the bumpers painted body color rather than black, but the rest of the trim can be black. i had blacked out all the chrome on my car back in the late 80's very early 90's but i didn't like the look of the black bumpers much.

Thanks for the photo shop pic AW, it really helps get a feel for what it would look like with a lot less work. Especially for me! :lol: That Roush '67, I think, looks great and it's bumpers are body colored. I think I may lean more towards that as bnickel suggested and either leave the rest of the trim chrome or black it out. Any chance you could do a similar photoshop with the bumper body color? I really appreciate all you help.