Blast From The Past

IIGood

Founding Member
Aug 1, 1998
Churchton, MD
I just saw that the II I used to have showed up on eBay back in November.

1977 Ford Mustang Ghia

It didn't sell; the seller had it listed for $2500. I sold it to someone local here in Annapolis in 2013 for $600. At the time, it didn't run and it was all silver. The guy I sold it to was the president of a local Mustang club; he actually painted the lower quarter of the car and did some work to get it running...though he said the transmission was slipping...it was doing that the last time I had it running back around 2001. I got all that info from him over the next few months as we had kept in touch...I stopped by some of the club's weekly cruise-ins and he kept me updated on the work he was doing on it. At one point he also stuck a pair of Fox 10-holes on the rear (I didn't particularly care for those...).

The colder season came and the weekly cruise-ins were stopped for the winter, as they do every year. I never really made it back down to the cruise-ins once they started back up the following spring, but I did run into the guy at Home Depot later that year (2014). I asked how the Ghia was and he had informed me he sold it to someone in Virginia. So I figured at that point, I'd be losing track of it.

Until now. Someone off the Mustang II mailing list informed me he saw this posted on Facebook a while back and I saw the eBay link was still posted. I emailed the seller to see what became of it. Not that I'm looking to buy it back...I'd have to have a nice garage and plenty of cash to do so, but I'll always wonder what'll become of my first car.

• Sponsors (?)