Blew the head gasket again

Tom95gt

Oct 10, 2007
South Jersey
in 20 mins this time. Here's my old thread http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/788610-turbo-kit-finished-but-so-head-gasket-too-i-think.html Spent all yesterday putting it back together making sure everything was perfect and today i set the timing and drove it around. I had a little leak at the thermostat housing I think. Temp maxed out at 206. I go for another ride, barely get into boost, get ready to pull into my driveway and the car stalls out. I look down and the temp spiked to 220*. As I'm pushing it back into my driveway, I hear a hissing sound from the motor and coolant is everywhere. I let it cool, start it back up and there comes the white smoke in the exhaust. I can't win. :( I don't know what could have caused it

• Sponsors (?)

That is really frustrating man. :nonono: I have been in similar situations and you feel like parking is and forgetting it. Now...dumb question but my cousin put his HG on backwards..its easy to do. Could this be a possibility? If so, it will block the coolant flow, heat up and blow it again.

Yea it's very frustrating... supposedly its a reputable machine shop, my dad has built three motors and got his stuff done there. I made sure the head gasket was on right. It had a tune on it... I was going very easy on it just to be sure anyway. Is 220* overheating? Maybe that blew it? But it wasn't running that long. I just need to find a low mileage motor or something.