Blinker Problem With 03 Cobra..

bluetick

Feb 28, 2008
Kinda of strange problem I can't seem to figure out with my 03 cobra. Pretty much my blinkers work with my headlights off, but as soon as I turn my headlights on my blinkers in the front of the car stop working. The rears are fine no matter what.

Now at one point it seems someones had their hands all over this car changing and modding it so who knows what was touch and how they did it. I also noticed that the front headlights don't seem to be original so someone swapped out the headlights. I have yet to replace them but I changed the bulbs and took the flasher out from another car that I knew worked. Still nothing.

Problem is I need to pass inspection and they won't with my blinkers no working, if anyone has any ideas let me know. I'm thinking maybe I need to just replace the headlights all together. Could someone have messed with the wiring? If anyone's got any idea's let me know i'll give em a shot.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know if this helps but. The blinker blinks really fast when its blinking, and even on the inside of the car by the dashboard it seems like its flashing twice as fast as it should. Like one of the bulbs are bad or something, but they arn't they are fine.

Change the turn signal switch. Ford calls it a multi function switch. You will need a vise grip for the tilt wheel lever, #2 phillips to remove the 3 screws on the underside cover. Screw the tilt lever back in a few turn after the lower cover is removed and tilt it down all the way. Grab a t-15 torks remove 2 screws for the switch. remove 2 clips for the wiring and install new one.

I changed so many of these thing I call them multimalfunction switches...LOL

I took it out and took it apart it came apart really easy. All of the contacts were dull and dirty looking I used never dull (the cotton wadding stuff) buffed the copper contacts back to a shine then I recoated the contacts with dialectic grease, reassembled and have never had another problem with it.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 4