Blower Not Working

Randy Ovaskaien

Apr 13, 2017
Boy do I have a story!

I put my '15 GT in storage at my country place over the winter. When I went to get the pony out of the stable I found out that I had a mouse set up camp in my car over the winter. I found a nest in my ventilation system and the car stinks of mouse piss. I have tried almost every stray imaginable out there to get rid of the smell. Which leads me to my latest "bone head" move last weekend.

I pulled out the cabin air filter and sure enough, was covered in urine. So blammo I found another root cause of the smell. Figured while I'm at it, I'll shoot some spray up the vent trap. WRONG. The blower proceeded to crap out on me.

So I guess my long winded story/question is what do you think I may have broken? The lights come one as though it's working but no air is coming out whatsoever. Is it a fuse? If so, which one should I be looking for? Is it the resistor? The blower itself? I have an appointment next week at the dealer to get it checked out but I wanted to get an informed opinion as to what I'm looking at...

Thanks much!

Randy
Montreal, Canada

p.s. Trying Ozone treatment once I get the blower repaired to get rid of the smell. I'll update on how that goes!

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like you got the blower resistor wet when you sprayed in there. Ever get a hot light bulb wet or drop water on it, well a blower resistor will do the same if you get it wet when it's hot, and all manufactures put it in the airflow inside the ventilation system to keep it cool. Usually a new blower resistor runs about 30-40 bucks. If it's not the resistor, then you got the blower motor itself wet.