Blowing pip sensor

You need to dig a little deeper in that harness and look for a part number tag wrapped around the harness.
Have you checked the vin number on the car?
Some titles indicate the number of cylinders
I just don't understand why someone would put a computer into it that clearly was not meant to operate in this configuration.
What did the guy that sold you the car tell you?
I checked the vin it’s a factory 5.0 with original engine

My assumption is the original ecu went bad and he put that one in to work just enough to sell the car

• Sponsors (?)

Please post a photo of what you are looking at.

Ford did stick these ECUs in a number of vehicles and some sharing was done. I’ve seen the 3.0 Taurus sticker a few times and it’s due to parts sharing. Your car wouldn’t run with the wrong ecu.

Ford did stick these ECUs in a number of vehicles and some sharing was done. I’ve seen the 3.0 Taurus sticker a few times and it’s due to parts sharing. Your car wouldn’t run with the wrong ecu.
That's what I couldn't understand,
There would not be enough driver things in a 3.0 (6cyl) computer to operate an 8 cyl engine, right?

That's what I couldn't understand,
There would not be enough driver things in a 3.0 (6cyl) computer to operate an 8 cyl engine, right?

Wouldn’t even run due to firing order and it’s also speed density.

Ok the backside of the connector is a dot matrix part number that frequently cross-references the Taurus. Often times if the ECU label is missing folks assume this is the ECU part number when it’s really just the generic 60-pin connector part number.

That’s why I ask to see a pic to understand how folks are arriving at that conclusion

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user

Attachments

• BFED7B4A-15CF-44EF-876C-7252703D73F4.jpeg
    BFED7B4A-15CF-44EF-876C-7252703D73F4.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 9F1A1DC1-9220-4C5D-AF97-F016474C46AA.jpeg
    9F1A1DC1-9220-4C5D-AF97-F016474C46AA.jpeg
    318 KB · Views: 53