"Blown" An Epic Campaign to V6 Mustang Superiority!

Chris_NY said:
Actually I have been following mostly for the entertainment qualities myself .. but thats just me..Quick someone else piss off MSP .. those exchanges are the most entertaining parts of the thread.. chop chop

LOL!! For a second there ChrisNy, I was starting to take you somewhat serious.. My bad!!

jennifer

The apologies are all mine Jennifer.. :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

I go out of town for a week on vacation and you guys are letting MSP build a supercharger..?! Let alone encouraging him?! Dude, you know your friends around here need to get a "special discount" right? =D

I’m not sure I understand the concern with the rear axle on the V6. Is it the 7.5" vrs 8.8" size/strength difference which is of concern? Even the 7.5 diff should be able to handle some torque. Gears are usually made from forged tool steel, which is *REALLY* tough stuff (ever try to bend a ¾ inch Husky, forged, chrome-vanadium wrench just for the hell of it? It’s not easy.) Axles (steel) are pretty darn resistant to twisting as well. I’m pretty sure your clutch will slip, or the tires will start spinning, before anything *steel* snaps.

I’d be more concerned about the manual trans on the V6 if/when you start sending 350+ ft/lbs through it. The V6 and GT use the same Auto transmission, so it is obviously a very sturdy unit (good for at least 320 ft/lbs). However, the GT uses a different manual trans then the V6 does. Check to make sure your manual trans can handle the power you plan on making.

Also, good luck (seriously/honestly) with the crank, rods, etc, etc if you start squeezing out 350-400 ft/lbs. I would contact someone at Ford to make sure the internals can handle it. You definitely got a set of great, big, swingin brass ones to do this stuff to a new car! (and some deep pockets).

We're not worthy. we're not worthy... :hail2:

fazm83 said:
Doesn't the v6 use the same manual trans as last years gt? which was a stock 300+ lb of torque

Nah, the autos are same GT/V6 but the manuals are different. The diffs are same in autos, and different in manuals too GT vs V6 (pretty sure 99%)

Echo7 & Fazm83,

Are you telling me that the V6 auto and GT auto use the same differential???? I thought the V6 had a 7.5" open-diff and the GT had a 8.8" T-loc. Where did you hear that the V6 auto and GT auto had the same differential? I know the transmission is the same for both.

MakotoS13 said:
i got an idea. just put a 4.6L V8 with a T56 and 8.8" rear in your cars.

I got an idea to.. But if I tell you, I might get banned.. :notnice:

If you cant add anything constructive MakotoS13, then dont even reply in this thread man!! I have actually given you enough respect that I dont feel you should make dumb replies here.. Are you just bored man or what?