"Blown" An Epic Campaign to V6 Mustang Superiority!

MSP said:
@ALL

I've heard back from one of the makers of the kit.... The information is so explosive I must remain tight lipped for now.. I am so sorry.. This is something I must do for the betterment of the entire community.. The 2005 Mustang V6 is so popular, that spewing information all over the net could jeapordize the prices in my quest for perfection..

I hope you all do not get too upset with me, but if you own a V6 you will thank me later for being selfish.. Trust me, all of my friends will be informed of the information on a need to know basis.. I jumped and got too excited in the beginning of today and have already spilled too much information out there.. Its not that I dont want anyone else to have this info, but its that if too many people respond all at once, it will basically spill the beans on a situation and drive up the prices all at once.. We cant allow that to happen.. Trust me its for your own good.. Please allow me to be silent on where I am getting parts from.. Thanks guys..

Also, just so you know we are safe, I have been promised upto 425HP(grain of salt) with this kit.. So instead of hunting for GT's later, my mission is to kill the First GT500's that hit the streets!! Dont worry, if I twist a rear-end, I will replace it.. Atleast you wont have to suffer the same fate, if our stock ones cant handle the power!!

Dont you guys understand, that we are dealing with some powerful knowledge in regards to where these items are from.. This kit still places the V6 to less than the GT's sticker price.. I cant reveal any sources right now guys.. But when I am ready to build, I need everyones help..

I can't wait to read about your buildup. Sounds like you are on the right path. :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

Listening to you sounds like somthing out of a deep throat movie ..

OK .. I know where to get somthing that you might want ....but I can't tell you where to get it .. cus it might make it more expensive for me...*caugh* errrm you ...and if I tell you then I will have to kill you ... BUT don't worry by keeping this to myself I am doing me .. uuuuummm I mean you a favor..

Ooo and when I get this thing .. that you can't have .. at a cheap price ..(for myself) .. I expect you to help me in figuring out how to use this thing .. because I have been such a friend and denied you this knowlege for my ..*caugh* your own good !

*snickers*

Chris_NY said:
Listening to you sounds like somthing out of a deep throat movie ..

OK .. I know where to get somthing that you might want ....but I can't tell you where to get it .. cus it might make it more expensive for me...*caugh* errrm you ...and if I tell you then I will have to kill you ... BUT don't worry by keeping this to myself I am doing me .. uuuuummm I mean you a favor..

Ooo and when I get this thing .. that you can't have .. at a cheap price ..(for myself) .. I expect you to help me in figuring out how to use this thing .. because I have been such a friend and denied you this knowlege for my ..*caugh* your own good !

*snickers*

Sorry ChrisNy! I know it sounded ridiculous.. My apologies.. But what happened, is some of the items I need to start the project started shooting up in price as soon as I started posting more info about it.. Adding links and things on what may need to be done, then the approach to do it created a path for some.. This is a good thing, but not while I'm trying to acquire my parts.. LOL!! Sorry man.. I know it was ridiculous.. I should have kept everything to myself and brought you guys in later.. But I like to share things with the fellas.. Only thing is, the fellas were not the only ones viewing the info.. LOL!! I'm sorry man, no matter what I say its going to sound utterly ridiculous.. You know I'll share it all as soon as some of my parts get here.. Give me a few days man.. LOL!! :D

On a side note, I started my preliminary inspection of the entire situation.. The Supercharger bolt on process will be a piece of cake.. We are going to have to relocate our MAS-Throttle body to the left side of the engine back towards the firewall.. It will sit right above the valve cover maybe about 8-10 inches from the fire wall.. There is a small group of 4 wires that needs to be extended for this..

Let me take a pic of the engine bay so we all know whats happening.. Stand by..

scproject5au.th.jpg

scproject12lk.th.jpg

Ok So looking at the the first picture, we see that on our 2005 V6, the Throttle body is located right at the front of the engine compartment.. With the SuperCharger selected for this project, we will need to reloacte the throttlebody to the left side.. As you can see, we have plenty of room to make this happen..

Once the Eaton Blower is mounted onto the intake manifold, we will use an Intake Plenum which will swing out to the left side of the engine bay.. This will then connect to our existing (Electronic) MAS-Throttle body..

intakemanifoldsc18zi.th.jpg

blower5tn.jpg

scproject22jb.jpg

Important to note is the emphasized (Electronic) ThrottleBody.. Different for the 4.0 of the Ranger, ours is totally electonically controlled.. Which means we must keep this entire unit intact as it attaches to the blower intake Plenum..

Connected to the Throttle body assembly is a 4 wire plug.. This is connected to a wire harness.. We must extend the plug for this happen...

Keep in mind, there are still numerous things that will need to be worked out.. So take eveything witha grain of salt.. Alot of the most detailed work will need to be worked out when the Blower is in place.. So this is just food for thought..

But basically, we do have everything we need to make this happen.. But as some have mentioned, this first rough install may be alittle hair raising, and not for the faint of heart.. Luckily I dont need to drive my car at all really, so downtime is not an issue for me personally..

Attachments

• scproject5au.th.jpg
    scproject5au.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 106
  • scproject12lk.th.jpg
    scproject12lk.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 95
  • intakemanifoldsc18zi.th.jpg
    intakemanifoldsc18zi.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 105
  • blower5tn.jpg
    blower5tn.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 90
  • scproject22jb.jpg
    scproject22jb.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 107
@ALL

Today is another glorious day in my Campaign for the perfect 2005 Mustang... I have made a valuable friend.. Sometimes in life, you will learn you must make good friends when faced with a battle of this type of proportion.. Today I have made such a friend.. You all should feel alot more comfortable knowing I am not alone..

I will not say who this individual is at this point.. Like I said, this is a mission critical situation.. In order to save us from extremely high prices, secrets must be kept.. But rest assured, I have recruited a world famous Supercharger developer.. He is eager to help, and I am eager for his help.. It is possible my stang could get swept up in fame behind this project.. LOL!! Who can tell at this point, but the main thing is, we have someone on our side capable of designing and implementing our goals.. For a fee of course... But one that will still have you beating GT's for the cost of a V6 the kit, and still be below a GT MSRP..

Again my friends, success is ours to take.. We cant let this opportunity slip away.. :nice:

Also, I need to add that with our kit, ease of use and installation comes in the form of the Electronic ThrottleBody.. Since there is no need to create a bracket for the throttle linkage, this will also help to keep the prices down.. This is a very good thing.. Designing a piece like that could add extra cost to the kit.. So consider we lucked out..

The fuel regulator however will need one of 2 things.. Lets look at the 1st picture of the engine bay.. We can see our fuel regulator has a sensor which leads into the manifold highrise. This of course will also need to be relocated.. In theory, by extending the tube to run down the right side of the engine, then curving around the back of the blower will get this item in a more suitable situation.. Which also means the Blowers Air Intake Plenum will need to account for this additional item somehow..

Lets not all speak at once.. I can only answer one question at a time.. LOL!! Damn, looks like everyone is pissed off at me for keeping secrets.. LOL!! I have no choice guys, its for your own good.. But I am prepared to continue on in this thread talking to myself, to make sure I keep an accurate record of events.. So thats ok.. LOL!! :spot:

MSP said:
Also, I need to add that with our kit, ease of use and installation comes in the form of the Electronic ThrottleBody.. Since there is no need to create a bracket for the throttle linkage, this will also help to keep the prices down.. This is a very good thing.. Designing a piece like that could add extra cost to the kit.. So consider we lucked out..

The fuel regulator however will need one of 2 things.. Lets look at the 1st picture of the engine bay.. We can see our fuel regulator has a sensor which leads into the manifold highrise. This of course will also need to be relocated.. In theory, by extending the tube to run down the right side of the engine, then curving around the back of the blower will get this item in a more suitable situation.. Which also means the Blowers Air Intake Plenum will need to account for this additional item somehow..

Lets not all speak at once.. I can only answer one question at a time.. LOL!! Damn, looks like everyone is pissed off at me for keeping secrets.. LOL!! I have no choice guys, its for your own good.. But I am prepared to continue on in this thread talking to myself, to make sure I keep an accurate record of events.. So thats ok.. LOL!! :spot:

Hey, I'm not pissed at you. I don't really have anything valuable to add to the conversation at this point. Sounds like you are doing great I applaud your efforts! You are a true pioneer! :hail2:

dsg_gt2004 said:
thats a "cute" blower you have there

LOL!! I'll be happy with 5 or 6psi.. Anything is gonna be better than stock..

Jimp

Thanks man.. I know something like this is hard to get off the ground.. But it'll happen..

I was being sarcastic about the question asking.. LOL!! Once I'm able to make some dyno runs, guys will start paying attention.. We'll see what happens..

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend!! :flag:

BTW, I forgot to mention that Ford finally decided to stop making me crazy and deliver my car. I picked it up on June 19th, following a 18 week wait (placed order and 2K down on Feb 12th). Unbelieveable.

However ... I am absolutely **LOVING** this car!!!!

I can see why S197 owners are so passionate about their cars, they are terrific sport coupes. It feels really "tight", firm and well put together. Quite nimble too, despite the awful tires and lack of rear bar.

Unfortunately, my company is relocating soon, so I have to find a new apt and need to save some cheddah for the deposit & rent. But, when I get the security back on my current crib, I can't wait to go hog wild on the legs. Lightweight 18" wheels w/ wide rubber, H&R coilovers, steeda bars, etc.

Sorry ... I'm off topic.

I think the aftermarket will catch up quick with performance parts for the 2005 Mustang due to its unbelieveable popularity. Forced induction is definitely way cool, but I kind of like the idea of a good naturally aspirated power setup. I'm sure a combo of CAI, intake manifold, performance cams, port/polished heads, headers, cats & exhaust (plus a good tune) can easily deliver around 300 HP from this engine. I love the idea of GT performance and a V6 insurance payment :cheers: That, IMO, is the best argument in the V6 vrs GT "what to buy" decision.

A blower or nitrous would be icing on the cake (a Big, Thick, Huge, Tasty slab of icing!)

Another BTW, I was down jetskiing at the Jersey Shore this weekend and one of my Brother's friends had a GMC Typhoon. That's basically a SUV "Jimmy" with the 4.3 liter V6 GM powerplant that was fitted with a twin turbo setup cranking out 15 (yup, 15) psi of boost. I rode in it and can tell you that it flat out hauls @ss!! Rockets from 0-60 like, well, like a rocket! I'm not sure how much power it was putting out (I'll try to find out) but I do know that it came stock with the Corvette transmission and many owners had the trans "grenade" because it couldn't handle the power. A 4.3 liter six that destroys Corvette transmissions, can you say TORQUE?? I had a S10 Blazer w/ the same (un force-fed) motor and the Mustang's 4.0L V6 is a much better motor.

Just FYI, you may have to swap out your drivedrain if you decide to put more than about 6-8 psi through the block. Be careful with the boost!!

Contratulations on your new car NJStangpilot!! LOL!! welcome to the club man.. even though your membership has been valid for quite some time now!! I'll follow up on your post later.. Need to get some rest.. Check out my HP results with the Gtech in the Gtech Thread!!

Peace man!! Glad your happy.. Now we gotta get this Supercharger thing worked out.. Atleast I wont have to pay for any more dyno test! LOL!! :nice:

What your posting looks cool and all .. but I just want to stress the fact that the style of SC your using is basically going to be considered engine work.. your changing the intake and all that..

What I mean is this .. I have 2 points to make .. First .. your altering the engine as much as if you were to take off the heads and port them or port the intake .. that is a voided warranty .. and your not going to hide what you did to the point where any mechanic won't know...Second The Centrifugal types like the procharger I posed will be made for the application .. no DIY will need to be done .. and install is 2 to 3 hours .. and since its not much harder then say installing an alternator .. you can remove it before taking it to the dealer if you have to .. and there is not much chance they will ever know it was there..

Just my 2 cents .. you got to think... you just spent 20k on a car and it's irresponsible to do anything that is going to chance you not being able to get it warrantied... IMO

For me .. if I was going to go as far as that .. I would have bought an older Fox body .. somthing that I can own outright with no payments to work on.. not somthing I have payments on that I use to get me to work..

MSP said:
@ALL

Also, just so you know we are safe, I have been promised upto 425HP(grain of salt) with this kit.. So instead of hunting for GT's later, my mission is to kill the First GT500's that hit the streets!!
]

:lol: The GT500 is going to have at least 450 horsepower and same for torque. All I can say is good luck.

Chris_NY said:
What your posting looks cool and all .. but I just want to stress the fact that the style of SC your using is basically going to be considered engine work.. your changing the intake and all that..

What I mean is this .. I have 2 points to make .. First .. your altering the engine as much as if you were to take off the heads and port them or port the intake .. that is a voided warranty .. and your not going to hide what you did to the point where any mechanic won't know...Second The Centrifugal types like the procharger I posed will be made for the application .. no DIY will need to be done .. and install is 2 to 3 hours .. and since its not much harder then say installing an alternator .. you can remove it before taking it to the dealer if you have to .. and there is not much chance they will ever know it was there..
installs in 2-3 hours? i dont know of any supercharger that installs in that time.....

you guys still dont get it. you think your tranny and axle will handle that power?

hell no. seriously, it might take it but it wont be long before your stuff breaks and you're upgrading to GT spec parts.

you guys might as well plan on GTaxle and T56 while you're at it (whoops, that puts us way over 4grand).

then rims and tires to handle the power:

1500 easy

this isn't as simple as bolting on a blower and having a fast car. you have to consider every angle or waste money/time on pursuits that are unwise.

Jenns05Stang said:
MSP,

I am not a big fan of Roots Style S/C.

http://www.proficientperformance.com/whipple-faq.htm#g

I see the goal of keeping the cost below $2,000, but we also need to keep in mind the long-term goal of not only building up a V-6 to meet or beat Stock GT and maintain the GT Base Price, we need to ensure that the build is safe for the application and causes no premature component failure.

I am not finding the 3.8L M90 listed.
http://www.allenengine.com/faq-021016.html

This is one of the areas where I think patience might payoff. :) (Did I just say that??.. LOL)

I REALLY, REALLY think that if this is going to be attempted, we can do a lot more research and wait a little for a V-6 Kit on the twin-screw platform. :) Final HP/and TQ numbers with these kits are well higher than with the Eaton Roots kit. They also produce most of their HP/TQ in the early RPM band. We need a strong level RPM/TQ curve to assist not only on launch, but also all the way through mid and high RPM...

MSP.. thoughts.. I know you are excited. So am I. I am also worried about the stock Tranny and Rear End if we push the TQ figures too much past the 250-300TQ level.

Thoughts?

Jenn

MokotoS13,

I have already posed this engineering issue (see above and 2 other times previous) and it was ignored and then tabled pending further review among the gentlemen.

I am out...but just watching from the grand stands with my lipsticks and girlie girl stuff.... :p

Jennifer

The Procharger is self contained .. all the mounts and brackets will be in the kit .. there is no tapping of the oil pan or anything else .. someone who knows what they are doing can install that in 2 to 3 hours ... I am sure of it ..

Chris_NY said:
The Procharger is self contained .. all the mounts and brackets will be in the kit .. there is no tapping of the oil pan or anything else .. someone who knows what they are doing can install that in 2 to 3 hours ... I am sure of it ..

Chris,

If this is based on the V-8 set-up with minor modifications for V-6 application, using the ATI-Procharger P1SC-1, adding to a bone stock V-6 and using the tuning download provided by DiabloSport. Do-able, but in 2-3 hours? Eeerrrrrr..... it took 4 to 5 hours for a professional shop to install the ATI Procharger S/C on the 05 GT.

Jennifer