Blown head gasket(what all these newbs tell you) or bad intake manifold gasket? let me tell you...

woody00

Jun 29, 2018
texas
i replaced my stock intake(due to pos plastic leaking coolant)1998 mustang gt with the dorman intake manifold... i saw now white smoke out of the exhaust(after the new install, didnt see previous with stock intake) out of the tailpipes...i was like "oh :poo:, head gasket!!!!" well check the plugs by 1 and 4 and 5 and 8... those are next to the gaskets next to the coolant gaskets... dorman is a pos... found spark plug 1 with white creme looking material on it.. that means the gasket next to it was leaking coolant into that chamber causing the white smoke... dorman is really a pos... jesus... if you decide to go that route.. use strong liquid gasket to seperate the gaskets from the heads...... let dry for 24 hrs.. i said f it.. bought the ford performance intake for pi after 2 installs with the dorman(and failed)... and put alot of gasket sealant and no more white smoke...point of my comment dont let these guys say ""blown head gasket, ur ****" not true.. im just trying to spread the information... check the plugs closest to the coolant channel... its a manufacturere defect on back passenger side i believe is 1....problem fixed... no more smoke.. and no head gasket leak... just a pos intake manifold from dorman...btw thats anti seize on the bottom of those plugs i put in 1 month ago.. so its not oil...its liquified by the coolant leak due to the dorman intake

Attachments

• badplug.jpeg
    badplug.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 487
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)