Blue Oval Industries is REALLY making me angry. Need advice

On 3/31 I placed an order online with blue oval industries of VA. I purchased a set of white face gauges and a clutch quadrant. My order was processed, I received a confirmation email, and my credit card was charged the $105 total cost on 4/3. It is now 4/13 and I still have not received my order. I highly doubt it would take 10 days for a small package to ship from VA to MA, a mere 10 hours away using UPS 3-day select. I have also been trying to contact blue oval since Tuesday of this week. First I tried calling them but their phone number is busy for some reason during all hours of the day. When I call after hours I get some stupid message saying to call back during business hours or visit their web site. So since I could not contact them via phone, I emailed them on Tuesday and I got no response, so I emailed them again yesterday (Wednesday), and still have gotten no reponse. I have bought from them before and they have always shipped very fast and pleased me each time I made a purchase. However this time is different. Its going on 15 days since I ordered my parts and I still have not received them. Its making me angry more and more everyday that I can't get in contact with them. WTF is wrong with blue oval industries????? Call their number at 1-540-298-2583, or 1-866-686-BLUE. Both lines are busy during all hours of the day for some reason. What should I do? My credit card was charged, I don't have my parts, they won't reponse to my emails, and they won't answer their phone.

• Sponsors (?)

OK.... I FINALLY got in contact with them. I sat here for over an hour and kept calling both their phone numbers every 5 minutes or so and FINALLY one of the numbers rang and they picked up. Supposedly both the white face gauges and clutch quadrant are on back order, so that's why they never shipped out. Wouldn't you think they would have contacted me to let me know they were on back order??? Pretty crappy customer service if you ask me... I asked why they didn't respond to my emails and they said that they did, which is bs because I never received any emails from them. Anyhow, they said they will ship them out as soon as the parts arrive and that it shouldn't be too much longer. Still, I am a little annoyed due to the lack of communication on their part.

You should have thrown a huge fit for them charging your credit card when the parts are on backorder... Any reputable company would not charge the card until the item is shipped, ie Jegs, Summit... That's what sucks about these smaller places... They get in over their head.

Make sure and Call them in person to double check their inventory.

I always do this, and sometimes they say.... "weellllllll, we don't have that product at the moment..." etc...

Make sure they have the product before you give 'em your money.

1990LXDropTop said:
...Supposedly both the white face gauges and clutch quadrant are on back order, so that's why they never shipped out. Wouldn't you think they would have contacted me to let me know they were on back order???

Jegs did the same thing to me 2 years ago on exhaust parts that I ordered. 2 Weeks went by & when I called them they told me that the parts were on back order & that they had no idea when thay would come in. They had no answer when I asked them when they thought should notify thier customer that a part was on back order. I cancelled the order & got the parts from Summit instead. Haven't used Jegs since. Some companies just don't understand the value of good customer service & that a simple phone call or email could help same themselves customers

hamonkeiser said:
Jegs did the same thing to me 2 years ago on exhaust parts that I ordered. 2 Weeks went by & when I called them they told me that the parts were on back order & that they had no idea when thay would come in. They had no answer when I asked them when they thought should notify thier customer that a part was on back order. I cancelled the order & got the parts from Summit instead. Haven't used Jegs since. Some companies just don't understand the value of good customer service & that a simple phone call or email could help same themselves customers

Or in this case multiple customers, as I will not use Jegs now because of what you said...

Another strike against them... e-power is something they should really respect.

1990LXDropTop said:
OK.... I FINALLY got in contact with them. I sat here for over an hour and kept calling both their phone numbers every 5 minutes or so and FINALLY one of the numbers rang and they picked up. Supposedly both the white face gauges and clutch quadrant are on back order, so that's why they never shipped out. Wouldn't you think they would have contacted me to let me know they were on back order??? Pretty crappy customer service if you ask me... I asked why they didn't respond to my emails and they said that they did, which is bs because I never received any emails from them. Anyhow, they said they will ship them out as soon as the parts arrive and that it shouldn't be too much longer. Still, I am a little annoyed due to the lack of communication on their part.

same thing happened to me with my typhoon intake i ordered from them. i just got my tracking number on monday and i ordered it the first week of march. I had to email them multiple times to find out that it was on back order too. but the T body i ordered at the same time got to my house in 2 days.

This happens with every company out there. While most of the time, these cases are isolated to a few(hundred,thousand, etc depending on company size) people a year, you have to keep in mind the history of the company.

Ive never dealt with Blue Oval, but just keep in mind that you cannot please 100% of the people 100% of the time. Im not saying that they are treating you right, Im just saying that they probably arent doing it on purpose.

John has always been FIRST class with me. Sorry things didn't work out so well on that order...but I have over 15 that have. I will say the owner is STANDUP and has saved me SEVERAL hundreds of dollars over the last two or three yrs. I would not be so quick to put out a snipe thread on one of the few companies that actually takes care of business. It's actually YOUR fault for not checking or verifying delivery at the time of the order...sorry but you didn't ask so don't go and piss on a good company on the net when there's no reason in this case to place blame. Now as the manager of a distributor I can tell you I have no issues billing a card prior to shipping the product...it's standard issue with MANY companies.

DMAN302 said:
John has always been FIRST class with me, Sorry things didn't work out so well on that order...but I have over 15 that have. I will say the owner is STANDUP and has save me SEVERAL hundreds of dollars over the last two or three yrs. I would not be so quick to put out a snipe thread on one of the few companies that actually takes care of business. IF your order had been shipped you would have rec'd a UPS tracking verification email....it's actually YOUR fault for not checking or verifying delivery at the time of the order...sorry but you didn't ask so don't piss on a good company on the net.
In other words... BLUE OVAL SUCKS!!!!! :lol: :lol: :SNSign:

At 4:23 you posted your complaint - then at 4:34 (11 minutes later) you say that you tried for an hour to call them............sounds like you have blown the whole thing way out of proportion to me. :bs: