BMW drift=Axle Pwnage

grey5.0beast

Cookies should never be DUNKED!!!
Aug 3, 2004
atl ga
So last night and yesterday we probably spent 3 hours cleaning and waxing my friends 323ci along with removing the 323 emblem. Here are a few cell pics of it then.
mattbmw1.jpg

mattbmw2.jpg

mattbmw3.jpg

Then last night on the way home from another friends house(who just bought an 02 GT with exhaust!) we decided to cut through an indus. park...bad idea. As soon as my friend saw the gloriousness of empty roads at 11pm on a seldom traveled road he opened it up. We were going about 50 into the turn, he yanked the ebrake for a split second and we were sent into a badass drift/slide and he had control it appeared. Then he cut it too sharp and we headed straight at the curb. He whipped it back the other way and it send the rear end straight into the curb. :doh:

Here is the resulting damage. He accepts full responsibility and knows it was dumb and before anyone says anything about him being spoiled I would just like to say that he paid for the car with insurance money left to him when his dad died years ago, He's not a rich douche or anything like that.

mattbmw4.jpg

mattbmw5.jpg

mattbmw6.jpg

So Flame on lol

Attachments

• mattbmw1.jpg
    mattbmw1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 59
  • mattbmw2.jpg
    mattbmw2.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 61
  • mattbmw3.jpg
    mattbmw3.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 57
  • mattbmw4.jpg
    mattbmw4.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 47
  • mattbmw5.jpg
    mattbmw5.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 51
  • mattbmw6.jpg
    mattbmw6.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Sponsors (?)

lol

Insurance is covering it we think. If not his GFs dad owns a JY and garage so the guy will do it for no labor plus get this he is borrowing one of his extra cars, an 06 land rover!!

:lol: it was only a matter of time until someone asked...is that mommy giving a kiss goodbye before he whisks off into the night to become "Drift-Racer-Axle-Destroyer" lol i would have tried to drive it all messed up like that, it doesnt look THAT bad, hehe it doesnt look like it needs any body work....cut the springs like a ricer and youll fix that camber problem :nice:

ok now on a more serious note, that sucks, i would have been pissed. but hey it happens to the best of us. Hopefully he learns a lesson from this. Do dumb stuff in a beater, not a beamer :chair:

A 323ci is actually a 2.5 straight six not a 4 banger. They aren't particularly fast. And they don't have a limited slip diff in the back, so they can't drift too good. Not to mention that many of them have stability control, and they get pretty funky cutting power and pumping the brakes when you get them crossed up. The lower trailing arms on these are stamped sheetmetal, and bend so easy it's ridiculous. Looks like he might have done more damage than that, but I've seen these cars with camber like that after a ramp truck bends that arm using it to load the car. That arm is only like 80 bucks. On the upside though, if you hit a curb that hard in a solid axle mustang you might have flipped it, and we could be talking about injuries too.