Engine Bobby wants to fix his turbo car

I just bought a
IMG_20190607_200149719.jpg
90 mustang GT,5.0, automatic with a turbo. I noticed the exhaust and fuel system has been upgraded. I also noticed a vent line not on there. I'm not sure if it's because of turbo or just was left off. This car is very clean and very fast. I also need to do a head gasket job on it. I'm looking for any advice,pointers and maybe a step by step head gasket procedure. Thanks
IMG_20190604_083602678_HDR.jpg
View attachment 628700
IMG_20190604_080227407_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190606_120521337_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190606_120512267_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Cool project. Things I noticed right off hand....a/c isn't hooked up, heater core has no lines going to it, and you have an open tube on your oil filter neck that should be hooked to the throttle body.

Cool project! Pretty nice looking car. Has anything else been done to the engine besides the turbo? Have you pulled the computer completely out to see if it has a chip installed?

Not to get to far off topic, but I cant help but notice that jacked up truck in the background. Two questions. First what is it. Second is someone daily driving it?

Cool project! Pretty nice looking car. Has anything else been done to the engine besides the turbo? Have you pulled the computer completely out to see if it has a chip installed?

Not to get to far off topic, but I cant help but notice that jacked up truck in the background. Two questions. First what is it. Second is someone daily driving it?
I just bought it to be a fun car. Once I do head gaskets I will be driving it more. The big truck is my mudbog truck. That's my other hobby.
IMG_20190516_172924862_HDR.jpg

As far as I can see just the fuel system has been upgraded and fuel pressure regulator. I haven't pulled the computer yet. I will do that as soon as I can.

Oil fill port should be capped with forced induction.

What ECU is running the engine? I don't see a MAF
Given that it's on the lower end of the motor, it's probably not hurting anything, but perhaps is making a mess. Most of us gave up on trying to keep a seal and a vacuum and run breathers instead now, anyways. Guys sometimes run a breather right off the top of that instead of the oil cap, too.