Body Lower On Driver Side

Adamo141

Jul 8, 2015
Mass
Seems the Body is sagging on the driver side. The clearance between the tire and the fender on the passenger side I can fit 4 full fingers in the front. On the Driver side I can fit 2 and part of a third. The Spacing in the rear is similar as well. I have read several other posts and it seems most people replace control arms, springs/coilovers.

Last year I did shocks and struts all around they are not adjustable, The springs I was told were replaced before I bought the car but the car then sat for a few years (don't know if that will effect it). When I lift on the body of the driver side it lifts up quite a bit and if I hold it I can line up the driver and passenger side but as soon as I let go it drops.

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry about that, 1987 mustang GT 5.0, 158xxx miles, I can upload pics tomorrow, Mod list- nothing major to motor, aftermarket tires and rims, shocks, struts and quads, prev owner told me he replaced the springs but then the car sat for about 3-4 years.

I will look into isolators, I am weary about just replacing springs due to cost and after reading not everyone's issue is fixed after doing so.

Thanks guys

First thing I'd do is toss the car on stands and crawl under and look for bushings that are on the way out and have shifted and even broken springs (front) or other obvious signs of trouble.