SN95 Bolt On Questions

RaggedGT

check back later..
Mod Dude
Jul 20, 2014
Taylorsville ky
I have a somewhat simple set of questions that may be a borderline stupid questions, but here it goes;
How much can the stock computer on a '94 GT handle?To be more specific- Heads-Cam-Intake, how much can the stock computer compensate for before it will need a tune? Same question for bigger throttle body and injectors. A mass airflow matched to the bigger injectors and throttle body is needed-but does the computer have to be tuned for it?
Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

Sn ecu is a bit more temperamental. They don't like changes in the valve train. I know steeda at one point made an entire line of sn friendly cams.

Reactions: 1 user
The current motor is an older rebuild with minimal block work and an unknown cam. Headers and cold air intake. So basically stock. im going to freshen up the motor over the winter and will probably just throw a few minor bolt ons into the mix.. Tuners be scarce in my neck of the woods and the few that are around are very expensive lol

94-95 is the worst EEC. As mentioned it is very quirky when it comes to mods. You can get away with the usual bolt ons but once you start putting heads, a cam or a power adder then you will need a tune.

New top end on an sn95 warrants a tune in my book. Does it work without a tune, sure but there are so many things that can be optimized with a good tune to get better drivability and more hp

Reactions: 2 users
What do you mean by a "few bolt ons"? If it's just an intake,pulleys(though not worth it IMO),etc with a rebuilt motor(stockish cam) then you should be fine. If it's more complex(blower,bigger cam and heads for example) then save some extra money and get a tune. It will be money well spent!

As of right now I have nothing major planned. I was leaning towards bigger injectors,maf and a new intake. And replace my leaky headers lol. i would like to put better heads and a bigger cam but that will just have to wait until another time

As of right now I have nothing major planned. I was leaning towards bigger injectors,maf and a new intake. And replace my leaky headers lol. i would like to put better heads and a bigger cam but that will just have to wait until another time
That would be a complete waste of time. Do exhaust then gather parts and do them all at once.

bigger injectors don't make hp, they support it.

Wait until you decdide what your plan is and then aquire all the parts to achieve that goal. No need to buy parts twice or end up with mismatched parts.

I should have worded that differently lol I meant to say I was wanting to change injectors maf intake heads and cam during the refresh,but due to limited funds and availability of a tune,I'll refresh the motor. Replace the headers and at tax time buy good parts and get it tuned lol