Boosted's Project For The Day Thread

Get the car back together, then hit me up. I will finish the tune.

Alot of "pro tuners" just give you a power tune with a aftermarket ecu... but that's only 20% of the needed setup for street ability.

I have also found that some settings are used incorrectly or as bandaids for a poorly written tune.

Ok, you actually corrected the tune for me and it seemed to be working better, but in my massive inexperience with TS i think i manage to lose the program. The file title seemed to change somehow.. but five minutes later I had a massive engine overheating spell and just parked it. Not really sure how I screwed that up, lol, but I'll get back with you to figure it out when the wrenching is done.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Oh, and these came in today. My old angled cartech rails don't work with the perpendicular injector bosses on the new intake.
IMG_0846.JPG

Reactions: 4 users
Ok, so I've been wanting to do this a while but I've been busy at work. My fox is still in pieces, but this has been bugging me, so I did it. My S550 is a base GT so it didn't come with the snazzy black diffuser the premiums got, just a solid body color valence. This didn't please the eye, so I decided to paint it with some satin black. I'm also going to add diffuser fins, but that's later after the paint cures.

IMG_1202.JPG

Here it is when we begin to prep.

Wet sanding with my loyal sidekick
IMG_1205.JPG

Masking..
IMG_1209.JPG

Paint shot- this is a single stage ppg satin black.
IMG_1219.JPG

Finished product

IMG_1226.JPG

IMG_1228.JPG

Here are the diffuser fins that'll be installed ehen the paint is done curing:
IMG_1057.PNG

I also have a GT 350 track pack spoiler that is going to be installed soon, then maybe I'll start back on the fox..

Reactions: 6 users
Can you take a video of your freshly painted panel going down the street in a cloud of tire smoke?
lol

Lol, nope. I'm already on my second set of tires in 5000 miles.. Noooo more burnouts!! But, I will post a pic of my shiny new GT 350 spoiler that I mounted earlier tonight after I wash it tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 users
Can you take a video of your freshly painted panel going down the street in a cloud of tire smoke?
lol
I have an idea Raggedy.

Why don't you post a vid of you torturing the tires on your car and I'll comment. Don't give me any weanie excuse about it being stock,...Alot of the burnout competition vids are done w/ stock stuff and weanie tires already.

So here's the plan:

Paint your rear valance/bumper cover a contrasting color first.

Post the pic.

I'll chime in with one of these to egg you on::stick:

Then get your iphone out, and give it to an iphone holder.

Place water under the one tire,...Place front tires against a curb, start engine, select gear 1, step on gas pedal, select gear 2, and hold it there until you hear a loud bang.:nice:

Then get out of the car,...pump your fists into the air in the "I am the Champion!" style,...and I'll give you one of the coveted, extremely rare, Mike Likes

Reactions: 4 users
I have an idea Raggedy.

Why don't you post a vid of you torturing the tires on your car and I'll comment. Don't give me any weanie excuse about it being stock,...Alot of the burnout competition vids are done w/ stock stuff and weanie tires already.

So here's the plan:

Paint your rear valance/bumper cover a contrasting color first.

Post the pic.

I'll chime in with one of these to egg you on::stick:

Then get your iphone out, and give it to an iphone holder.

Place water under the one tire,...Place front tires against a curb, start engine, select gear 1, step on gas pedal, select gear 2, and hold it there until you hear a loud bang.:nice:

Then get out of the car,...pump your fists into the air in the "I am the Champion!" style,...and I'll give you one of the coveted, extremely rare, Mike Likes

I do enjoy burnouts lol.
I did paint my rear valance,but it was originally red,and I blacked it out,next video I make-I'll include the fists in the air for ya mike :)

Lol:lol:. He's right Chris, let's see you burning some of your money this time.

There ya go dave,$15 bucks worth of rubber wasted lol

View: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10205583009966374&id=1586642139

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
That was great Chris. It's fun getting to see your car. What about that paint job?
Thanks Dave,the paintjobs priorety has been pushed back-the current plan is to get it back to driver status for the summer,and fix the small nit picky stuff while I actually 'Drive it'. Then come winter blow it apart and redo the interior/paint and body

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks Dave,the paintjobs priorety has been pushed back-the current plan is to get it back to driver status for the summer,and fix the small nit picky stuff while I actually 'Drive it'. Then come winter blow it apart and redo the interior/paint and body

Remind me again what it needs to be drivable.. transmission?

Reactions: 1 user