Boot for convertible? Standard or an option?

• Sponsors (?)

I have a black one that I think I have used twice. As my top is parchment, I'd like to find one in that color. I'm not keen on the nylon fabric its made of either. It would look nicer and get more use if were leather.

As far as e-bay, $75 is a good price. I'd expect them to trade for a little more though. $180 x 50% = $90 If you can provide the item number I'm sure folks could check it out for you and give an opinion as to whether it is genuine.

I've had my car for over a year now and mine is still wrapped in the plastic from the factory. I'm not sure I'm ever going to use it and wish I hadn't wasted the $$ on it.
One nice thing about the convertible tops on these cars is the manner in which the top folds down. When its down the outside portion of the foward most outside section of the top is what is exposed. It provides a finished look as it doesn't show the inside of the top headliner like on most vehicles. You may want to reconsider the cost of purchasing one if you haven't already.

do you have one? What about some of these sources on eBay Motors: one is selling it as an O.E.M. item for $75.00. Would that be for real, or just some inferior "knock-off" made in China or where-ever?

If it is advertised as OEM, it better be. Otherwise, you can return it "item not as advertised."

Yes, I have one but have only used it a couple times. It takes some practice putting it on and taking it off. If you need the top up all of a sudden, it might take you a couple minutes.

If you go for an extended top down ride, or maybe even some fancy event the concept is the car is "dressed." Although I've only used it a couple times it does give the car a cleaner appearance and I'm glad I have it.

I've had my car for over a year now and mine is still wrapped in the plastic from the factory. I'm not sure I'm ever going to use it and wish I hadn't wasted the $$ on it.
One nice thing about the convertible tops on these cars is the manner in which the top folds down. When its down the outside portion of the foward most outside section of the top is what is exposed. It provides a finished look as it doesn't show the inside of the top headliner like on most vehicles. You may want to reconsider the cost of purchasing one if you haven't already.

Thanks, guy, that really helps: it really doesn't look so bad w/o the cover on there. I'm definitely leaning toward "opting out" of this option...:)