Bored at work

Cornfed said:
I would have to agree with the Aztek, Vibe, Scion, Kia,Hyndai, and the Daewoo. As for the 05 Stang, the guy sayin it is a ripoff is running a 95 cam. How does that work??? Anyways, it's the only GT every to have over 300 hp stock. Say what you will, a fast car is a fast car.

im not talking the drivetrain, im talking the body.....i dunno, maybe it just needs time to grow on me

• Sponsors (?)

My buddy has a silver '67 coupe, we drove past a Ford Dealership the other day and saw a silver V6 sitting out front on a slope nose down and both commented on how much it looked like his car at the nose. I like it way better than the '04 bodies and I really liked those. My buddy has a '05 body-in-white in his shop to be converted to a drag car. The engine bay has to be the biggest bay ever offered in a Mustang, a 385 based motor will fit in there very easy, heck a V10 will fit with loads of room to spare. A SBF with twin turbos will be easy. This car is so well braced, its unbelievable it won't be tons stiffer than previous cars. If I remember right, it weighs 994# as a shell.

virginchicken said:
Wow so much passion on the 05 issue. I didnt like them at first but its starting grow on me.

I went to look at some today at a Ford dealer. Up close it still looks like a plastic import thing. About the only thing that makes it look like an original 67 is the "attempted" look alike tail lights and new-old headlights. The rest looks like a plastic bumpered Toyota, Honda, Nissan etc. I feel that cars should progress, not regress in styling.

I have to agree with most of what's been mentioned already, except the new Mustang. Dad & I peeked at one at the dealership (it was closed so we could just peek) and I'm in love. There's a lot of cars that, if I got one for free, I wouldn't hesitate to turn around and sell, but I'd actually keep an 05 Mustang.

-Chelle

2nd Mustang said:
I went to look at some today at a Ford dealer. Up close it still looks like a plastic import thing. About the only thing that makes it look like an original 67 is the "attempted" look alike tail lights and new-old headlights. The rest looks like a plastic bumpered Toyota, Honda, Nissan etc. I feel that cars should progress, not regress in styling.

Atleast someone else sees what I am talking about...

Ughhh. P(iece of shat) T Cruiser.. Had one. New. Left me on the side of a mountain in Tennessee . Then left me in Knoxville for 3 days while the (new) tranny was replaced. Ill never own another mopar . Id peddle my happy a#$ on a Schwinn before Id buy another mopar. Overpriced mass produced POS.
I bit on the retro thang.

2nd Mustang said:

You seem to be contradicting yourself. You say the styling is regressing, yet you say 90% of it looks like new Toyotas, etc. What's it gonna be?

While I am a fan of bold new shapes, if the old Mustang never existed, I wouldn't say the styling of the 2005 was dated. It's just a matter of taste I guess.

To think we used to complain that we thought Ford was gonna put the next Mustang on the Probe chassis. Now we complain about the grill, even though it runs 13.5 stock.

I guess life is pretty good.