Borgeson Power Steering Box Upgrade Question (SOLVED)

Maybe I can use the words C2 power Steering Pump in the 1965-1973 without breaking any rules. The "Small Block Ford Engine" that I will be using in my 1965 Mustang will have the M II C2 pump attached. Has anyone used this pump with the Borgeson Power Steering upgrade Kit part #999020 ?
I've attached a picture of the pump for Identification purposes
c2powersteeringpump.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I just found this info on ford-trucks.com:

The Ford CII pump (F150-350, Bronco) flows 1.5 gallons/minute at 740 psi. The pressure relief is in the pump and set at 1400 to 1500 psi.

The Ford Saginaw pump (E100-350) flows 1.8 gallons/minute at 620 psi and its relief valve is set at 1350 to 1450 psi.

Here is what I came up with after 1.5 hours of research:
The CII pump has similar performance characteristics to the Saginaw pump.
The '79 Ford Pick-up has a factory CII pump on it.
The '79 Pick-up pressure hose is available in my Zip-code at AZ for $18.49.
The Borgeson Power Steering conversion kit for the '65 Mustang 6 cyl kit hoses are longer than the V-8 kit.
The kit can be purchased for the V-8 and request the longer 6 cyl lines if needed.
The '79 PU hose can be cut at some point in the rubber hose area.
The Borgeson Pressure hose "pump end" fitting can be cut off.
The PU hose (pump end) and the Borgeson hose (Steering box section of hose) can be taken to a local Hydraulic hose shop and be joined together properly with a union.
Picture of the 1979 Ford F-150 pick-up High Pressure Power Steering hose below.
79fpuHPhoseCII.jpg

"Da Da !"

Last edited:
I just found this info on ford-trucks.com:

The Ford CII pump (F150-350, Bronco) flows 1.5 gallons/minute at 740 psi. The pressure relief is in the pump and set at 1400 to 1500 psi.

The Ford Saginaw pump (E100-350) flows 1.8 gallons/minute at 620 psi and its relief valve is set at 1350 to 1450 psi.

Here is what I came up with after 1.5 hours of research:
The CII pump has similar performance characteristics to the Saginaw pump.
The '79 Ford Pick-up has a factory CII pump on it.
The '79 Pick-up pressure hose is available in my Zip-code at AZ for $18.49.
The Borgeson Power Steering conversion kit for the '65 Mustang 6 cyl kit hoses are longer than the V-8 kit.
The kit can be purchased for the V-8 and request the longer 6 cyl lines if needed.
The '79 PU hose can be cut at some point in the rubber hose area.
The Borgeson Pressure hose "pump end" fitting can be cut off.
The PU hose (pump end) and the Borgeson hose (Steering box section of hose) can be taken to a local Hydraulic hose shop and be joined together properly with a union.
Picture of the 1979 Ford F-150 pick-up High Pressure Power Steering hose below.
79fpuHPhoseCII.jpg

"Da Da !"
do you know if a pump from an "89 5.0 is the same?

If it is the C2 pump.
Edited: Let me rephrase that. I assume so, however I have not researched the C2 pump from the Foxbody angle. I did from the F150 direction because I picked it as a real power steering box vehicle with a C2 pump. I have not researched the Foxbody R & P pressure and flow requirements. It may be as easy as looking up the mid '70s F150 PS pump (C2) and the '89 Mustang PS pump online parts shopping and if the part numbers are the same....

Last edited:
If it is the C2 pump.
Edited: Let me rephrase that. I assume so, however I have not researched the C2 pump from the Foxbody angle. I did from the F150 direction because I picked it as a real power steering box vehicle with a C2 pump. I have not researched the Foxbody R & P pressure and flow requirements. It may be as easy as looking up the mid '70s F150 PS pump (C2) and the '89 Mustang PS pump online parts shopping and if the part numbers are the same....
Im gonna use the serpentine setup from the 5.0. Im just looking for someone to convince me between TCP rack or this pump set up. I have really no clue. Im not gonna race the car. I just want the best performance/radius turning I can get. The tech at TCP says I would need a crossover valve with this pump to decrease inlet pressure to the rack. Seems complicated.