boss 302 block

jammer84_03

Nov 30, 2003
so, it looks as though te boss 302 block has been released to the public finally. i was thinking about getting one if it was a revised version of the old a4 block, instead of buying the dart block. anyone got some info for me? thx - james

• Sponsors (?)

ya...the price is abou right....still out on finding out wether or not is a replacement for the a4 or what the capabilities of the block are...i plan on getting one now in 4 weeks

The only difference between the r302 and the boss is coolant passages between the cylinders and threaded freeze plugs. 1200hp capable, still about 2-3 weeks out from public release. Oh ya also, bores are just under 4.00 will need hone to get to 4.00 and lifter bores are finished

Boss block

The new 5.0 magazine has an article on the new block. January 2007 page 104. They compare it to the R302 block not the A4 but it is cast in the same plant as the diesel engines. This gives it a higher nickel content making it stronger than the past blocks.

I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.

graystang said:
The new 5.0 magazine has an article on the new block. January 2007 page 104. They compare it to the R302 block not the A4 but it is cast in the same plant as the diesel engines. This gives it a higher nickel content making it stronger than the past blocks.
so it seems its a brand new american made mexican block?? arn't they much stronger because of nickel content??

ON ford racing they dont talk about how much power the boss 302 can hold. I wish it would. I would asume that the screw in freeze plugs would give it more strength for boost. Time will tell I guess. I really want one for a 331 turbo motor. The price is really good too. It has improved cooling I heard some of the racing blocks arent good for street and strip for overheating problems.

So rdksek844 are you saying that you think the Boss302 block will be stronger then the R302? If thats the case then why is the r302 more expensive, that's what makes me wonder. Also the weight difference in both blocks is pretty huge.

bditty50 said:
So rdksek844 are you saying that you think the Boss302 block will be stronger then the R302? If thats the case then why is the r302 more expensive, that's what makes me wonder. Also the weight difference in both blocks is pretty huge.
come on more money doesn't mean it better. Take for instance the 03/04 cobra's. They were cheaper then the roush cars of the same time and yet they performed better. cost is not a good factory in determaining how good something is.

PlzgoEz said:
I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.I will not post want ads, sale ads, or spam the 5oh forum.
this was not cool daggar. now i don't have the link anymore. So he posted a link to a Ford Website. Shame on him. whats the diff of helping someone with a link on the parts from summit racing. I don't see you deleting all these.