Boss 302 LS climbing a steep incline

• Sponsors (?)

Mine isn't a Boss, but I do have a large Cervinis front spoiler on it. Reminiscent of the spoilers on late 60s early 70's Boss 302s. And yeah, I have to watch it pretty much everywhere I go. It's really super heavy duty. I've scraped it once, thought it would be damaged. Not even a scratch. Also have a real diffuser on the back that I have to be careful of.

Attachments

• 01010044.JPG
    01010044.JPG
    595.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 01010039.JPG
    01010039.JPG
    599.5 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: 1 user
Mine isn't a Boss, but I do have a large Cervinis front spoiler on it. Reminiscent of the spoilers on late 60s early 70's Boss 302s. And yeah, I have to watch it pretty much everywhere I go. It's really super heavy duty. I've scraped it once, thought it would be damaged. Not even a scratch. Also have a real diffuser on the back that I have to be careful of.
That 60s style spoiler looks great on your car. The diffuser too!

Reactions: 1 user
The 2005 - 2009 Mustangs were meant to be throwbacks to the 60's fastbacks. So the front spoiler and hood scoop, both made by Cervinis, work great. I stumbled on the diffuser. Whether it does anything is hard to say. It's supposedly wind tunnel designed and extends forward, almost to the axle, with an upside down spoiler on it's leading edge. So you could say it prevents the airflow from going through all the junk under the trunk. Wind tunnel vids I've seen show they do clean up the airflow coming off the back of the car, which reduces drag. I just though it looks cool. And I've never seen another like it, just all those short fin wannabe diffusers that vehicles come with, that obviously don't do anything. I have to watch it backing up to curbs, and parking lot blocks. It's carbon fiber and cost me $1000.00.

Hardest thing I did to it was cutting the long holes in the hood for those carbon fiber vents.

Absolutely worth the purchase. And carbon fiber at that. I believe the diffusers work. They are on all the road racing cars and particularly Le Mans cars of all types. I am looking into getting the front splitter for the Boss. It came with the hardware to install it but no splitter. I see that there is a carbon fiber one for sale on the market which is what I am leaning toward in place of the ABS plastic Ford Racing original. The Laguna is already a day two car with its red striping instead of the factory silver and a digital shifter knob.

Reactions: 1 users