Bought a 306. New $1800 shipped. Best price I could find for mods and the quality..

• Sponsors (?)

145k, the lifters make a little noise on start up but then it goes away. It's time for a new one if I am going to add power. Other than that it runs fine but I want more power and don't want to stress a high mileage engine getting there.

You are not kidding! I agree with you. I heard a few people still have there's running fine at over 200k miles! In my opinion, this is a great car when it comes to reliability. I guess I just want to have everything start fresh. I will sell my old longblock (minus the oilpan) on ebay or something. It runs fine.

That depends on what options you get. They only advertise flywheel HP b/c of drivetrain loss depending on the car. Estimation for mine with the mods I have and getting with the engine is around 295 FWHP. I have a CAI and aluminum DS. DS is good for 5-7RWHP that is normally drivetrain loss.

Add heads, intake, exaust, "other" mods anywhere from 330 to 380hp approx. I have heard of people getting 375RWHP out of the 306 without power adders but I have not seen or looked for any documented results. I just know it will be alot faster than it is now.

I added a supercharger to mine ( stock long block ) at 118,000. Has 130,000 on it now and not a hint of needing a new motor. Although having a nice new fresh short block would be nice.