Bought a set of Edelbrock Heads, Need advice.

NitroNixon

Founding Member
Feb 4, 2002
D.C. Baby
I just got a deal on a set of Edelbrock Heads for $400, the number reads #6025 under the valve covers and they are pedestal mount. The number on the front of the heads read, E.O. D-215-49. The intake ports look like they've been cleaned up alittle. I'm in the process of rebuilding a 88 HO 302 bottom end to go with these heads.

Can someone give me some info on these heads? What kind of pistons will I need to buy for the bottom end. I think I may switch over to a carb set up as well, but I'm still insure of this. Lastly which cam do you guys recommend for me. It's gonna be a weekend car and occasional drag strip.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

you don't need to change your pistons, they are stardard inline type heads and will work fine with the stockers. Just don't go crazy with the lift or duration on the cam and you will be alright. As for the cam, if you can aford it i would get a custom grind.

I just got off the phone with Edelbrock and they told me that they are the regular performer heads. They also told me to measure the valves and if they are 2.02 valves, then I will need to change the pistons. How do you check the piston to valve clearance? I have a stock HO cam in the car now along with Crane 1.7 roller rockers.

i'm pretty sure those are the 1.9 heads, but good idea to check.
The way i measure piston to valve clearance is first i put a piece of clay flat across the piston then put everything together ( make sure there is a head gasket on ) torque the heads down....ect. Then i turn the motor over by hand, rip everything back apart and measure the indentaions in the clay in comparison to the top of the piston.