Bought another Stang

95vert354

Mar 19, 2006
Just bought an 89 coupe for the track! I can't believe I just bought a car sight unseen off e-bay:eek:
I couldn't help it,been going to the track with some buddys and driving their cars once in a while,but mostly just watching. I came across this car on ebay and looked at the parts list on it and know this kid has at least $14k in it. All the pictures looked good and he has the reciepts on it. I guess i'll find out if I f***ed up tomorow when I go pick it up:shrug: I put a small deposit on it and don't have to pay till I check it out. He said if I didn't like it I didn't have to take it. Here's a partial list

Fresh 306 motosport block (thinks it's an "r")
12 1/2:1 trw's
polished scat lightweight rods
scat 4340 crank
erson custom grind cam
comp billet rollers
dart windsor sr heads (full port)
ported victor Jr
holley 4150
C4 calloway 2800 stall w/trans brake
8.8 eaton with 31 spline moser/c clip elimn
frpp alum DS
QA1 K member/PA racing A arms/coil overs
Griffen alumn rad/elect CVR pump
Comp 8 point cage
6 gal cell
Harwood cowl/deck lid
Weld rims/MT et drag/ MT skinnies
Full autometer tach/ shift light/gauges

Now I can keep my 95 vert just for the street and won't have to beat on it so much. I have a new NOS 200 kit I havn't put on yet. I think its going on this car instead.:D

• Sponsors (?)

Well,I just got back from picking up the car. SWEET DEAL is all I can say! The only things I didnt like about it was the passanger side door handle is missing on the outside,the interior needs lightweight carpet(bare metal now) and I need to build some kind of rear seat delete for it.The console was hacked up pretty bad too. I can't bitch to much cause it is a track only car. The drivetrain work was all done by a pro, but some of the wiring for the 2step ignition box and the trans brake needs to be redone for my liking. Same goes for all the braided fuel lines, they just are not fitted to my liking. Other than that the body is A-1 and the motor really sounds strong and the trans feels real good:D ( did a little burnout in the truckstop parking lot when we swapped from one trailer to the other) I just dropped it off at my buddys shop and he's going through it this week to fix fuel lines and wiring , give it a tune ,change fluids, and try a new dominator carb on it. The kid gave me reciepts for $4800 for freshening up the motor and rebuilding the trans over the winter. There's a bunch of us taking our cars to the track next weekend, I'll post up some numbers and pics next week. Now if only I can find some 110 fuel somewhere:bang:

Just back from the track! Had some work to do first,as the starter was hanging up, but I just pulled the motor out of my 95 last week, so I stole the starter off of it.

1st run
1.80 60'
7.23 1/8
87.20mph

2nd run. bumped timing
1.801 60'
7.113 1/8th
91.01mph

3rd run bigger secondary jet,bumped timing
1.784 60'
6.928 1/8th
91.11mph:spot:

Yeah broke into the 6's!!

I couldn't get a decent burnout all night, the car kep't drifting left every time it started spinning,so I had to let off the brake and let it go. Everybody there said there 60' times were off by a full tenth. Were going to a different track sunday afternoon,and I know it will hook up better there. The damn car runs strong and is easy to drive. I still need to figure out my shift points though. when I got the car the shift light was set at 6400, but it was still pulling hard. On the last run of the night I was shifting at 7000 and it still felt like it had more in it. I cant figure out why he had it set at 6400 but he has the rev limiter set at 8000:jaw: Ill post up some more numbers tomorow night.